• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Light scuffing = 8.0? Done with CGC
5 5

354 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

yea that's what I was thinking. With a press maybe higher, but looking closer now lazy boy is correct and there is one very small color break about  3rd of the way down the spine

dont see them knocking it downto 8.0 tho.

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Doubtful.  He probably has 100 at his house. And 50 more scattered throughout his submissions. 

good point.  This book is his IMSM #1.

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

That might be optimistic. The color breakers are small, but I count 15 of them.

Those will buff right out I said! :makepoint:

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

This is what I was trying to illustrate in the above pictures with the arrows.  When counting all of the the slight bends, the staining/scuff on BC, the miswrap, corner ding, currently I do not believe CGC was too far off. 

It does present better.

Again this is without even looking at any of the interior. 

That and with the pictures being inside a bag also do not really help. Better if there were high res scans, but I do believe that would only reinforce what we have all already pointed out. 

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

You might be right the scan does seem to reveal more. Although I must say It seems I need to clean my scanner badly. Here's a couple regular pics.

20201121_011353.jpg

20201121_005158.jpg

Just now, Morganmi said:

Anyway, thanks for the grading enlightenment from all. Pretty new back into collecting again after 25 years away and trying to tune up my skills.  Amazing what detailed scans reveal. :tink:

High res scans will definitely help. Outside of that magnification and bright lighting.  Good luck.  

5 hours ago, mattn792 said:

You’re a 9.0.

That is a gift grade for Kav

At his age he definitely has too many spine ticks for a 9.0

I mean the front is pretty decent and presents well but the back with all the spine ticks and stuff that can't be buffed out with a belt sander or grinder, and what about the restoration? I'm giving him a 7.5 blue label