• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spectacular Spider-Man #64, 1st Cloak and Dagger
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Thank you in advance if you choose to take a look at these. Because the total size of these images exceeds the max total size by a good bit I've decided to include an Imgur link with more images. I am not a professional or even amateur grader, but I've also included my thoughts on these books and any questions I might have. There are a bunch of these so feel free to only look at one or two of them. Thank you again!

Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man 64 - 1st Cloak and Dagger - This one has a few issues most of which I assume a press will remove. There is some crinkling along the top border that does not break color. There also appears to be a line running through the white of Dagger's body(there's a close-up in the Imgur link). Since it's a white area I'm not sure if they will attempt to remove that or not, but hopefully it can be taken care of. 

Again there are more pictures in the link above but here's a big shot of the front cover and the back cover

20201128_155828.thumb.jpg.fdce3785aab92d085e447dfb60d6b904.jpg

20201128_160006.thumb.jpg.d29416324d5039cb440cc0428228f76b.jpg

I would appreciate any insight any of you might be able to share. I got this from a vendor who says all of his wares are unread and... they look like it to me. But I'm trying to get a better sense of the quality before I go back and buy up pretty much everything he has. He has a big ASM run from about 150 to 400 and some other things I'm interested in so again I'd appreciate your thoughts! Thanks a bunch!

Edited by BoogieWoogie
Just read the rule about one book per thread, edited accordingly

Well the seller can claim it was never read but it certainly has been handled. I would grade it 8.0 as is. The finger creases can be pressed out and I think the line in Dagger is just a printing issue. White areas are not hard to clean if that isn't ink. I believe a press would bring it up to the 9.2 range at least. It could grade even higher but I wouldn't want your hopes to be set too high.  :) 

22 hours ago, mysterymachine said:

Well the seller can claim it was never read but it certainly has been handled. I would grade it 8.0 as is. The finger creases can be pressed out and I think the line in Dagger is just a printing issue. White areas are not hard to clean if that isn't ink. I believe a press would bring it up to the 9.2 range at least. It could grade even higher but I wouldn't want your hopes to be set too high.  :) 

Definitely. Most everything else that came with this one was also very clean but the copy of Spider-Man versus Wolverine unfortunately had a big fingerprint on the cover that had removed some ink. No spine ticks though lol

I just got in the Amazing Spider-Man lot I mentioned earlier and the copy of ASM194 is seriously disappointing. The seller specifically mentioned this particular issue was a very high grade copy but it has significant color rub on the cover. I'd be surprised if it could fetch any higher than a 7.0, if that