• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trimmed ASM 19?

13 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, noah1998 said:

Any other opinions?

It's always difficult to make a judgement regarding trimming from pictures alone, but the most suspect photo for me is the one showing the bottom of the book. That looks too clean to me along the edge when you see the handling damage to the bottom left corner.

Is it likely that a book that has been handled enough to have the corner fraying that you see here...

P1010861.JPG.ffb9f8ff8894a3345d299700d571f155.jpg.64698975888c0fc0b634a4e6726a791c.jpg

...would have such a comparatively razor sharp bottom line as we appear to see here:

P1010861.JPG.ffb9f8ff8894a3345d299700d571f155.jpg.3a2d5a39ba45ffd8f527e60c16639e5a.jpg

On the flip side, the cover dimensions appear to be 'full' when compared to other examples, so it's inconclusive. If you are doubtful, you will always be doubtful, and therefore never completely happy, so I would send it back if that is an option. 

A little hard to tell aside from that edge that appears to have a rounded cut that may or may not be from the slip of a cutting edge or just an indentation from a thumb nail. You can put the spine directly to the edge of a backing board and see if any of the other three sides of the book go off the 90 degree angle but in any case, trust your gut if you’re not happy with your purchase 

11 hours ago, B2D327 said:

A little hard to tell aside from that edge that appears to have a rounded cut that may or may not be from the slip of a cutting edge or just an indentation from a thumb nail. You can put the spine directly to the edge of a backing board and see if any of the other three sides of the book go off the 90 degree angle but in any case, trust your gut if you’re not happy with your purchase 

I can't see enough of what I have to see, the pics are blurry right where it's most important for them to be clear. Can't get a good enough read to tell definitively but I do lean towards that bottom edge being trimmed, but would not bet on unless better pics or the book in hand occurred. Definitely a tell there that would require a closer look in hand or at better resolved images. 

I am terrible at spotting trimmed books. In addition, books I think are trimmed seem to be legit.

That being said, if you are planning to have it graded, send it in and if it comes back purple, file a return through PayPal (you have 6 months). Of course, you'll need to eat the cost of grading/shipping. 

If you plan to keep it raw, then just keep and enjoy. 2c