• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Letitia Wright backlash Shuri recast
2 2

87 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Gaard said:

I disagree. IMO, the number of people who ACT offended far outnumber those who actually ARE offended.

It's the Washington Redskins, people. And it always will be (to me).

There is a difference between being offended (an emotional reaction) and thinking that something is offensive (an evaluation of a statement, image, etc., as to whether it is intended to cause offense or likely to result in it).

Maybe only people who are a part of particular ethnic group should be deciding what is and what is not offensive to that particular group.

13 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

If people realize that vibrations can cause & cure illness, we will learn to fight all disease.

Interesting idea, but the erroneous reference to harmonics causing the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse ruins it for me. That has been proven false for a long time now.

1 hour ago, Muno42 said:

Interesting idea, but the erroneous reference to harmonics causing the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse ruins it for me. That has been proven false for a long time now.

Sound is just a form of pressure like the wind, so how can you deny that a strong enough force can have enough impact to collapse a bridge? One of the last episodes of the Flash, they heal Pied Piper's partner in an acoustic chamber & use Godspeed's blood to regulate the molecules in his body, describing it as charged sound. I believe they're trying to tell people about these things but what they can air is likely limited by the influencers in power. We're bombarded externally with negative sound & then told to rely on chemicals to regulate our vibrations internally. Doctors pay a fortune to get their degrees & make a living off of writing prescriptions for their patients. The health industry is a business unfortunately, so anything that could topple big pharma would be kept secret & dis proven at all cost.

Because the bridge collapse was not caused by harmonics. The physical shape of the bridge cross section caused it to sway and expose more surface to the wind. This created the galloping effect it was known for as gusts caught the bridge deck. The day it collapsed, the wind was relatively low 40-45mph, but steady. The bridge deck rotated in the wind exposing more surface to the wind. The increased wind load further rotated the deck and so on. 

So, I can deny the harmonics causing the bridge collapse based on scientific fact. I do not deny harmonics have a use. Just that the video is wrong in using an outdated and disproven theory about the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse. 

10 minutes ago, Muno42 said:

Because the bridge collapse was not caused by harmonics. The physical shape of the bridge cross section caused it to sway and expose more surface to the wind. This created the galloping effect it was known for as gusts caught the bridge deck. The day it collapsed, the wind was relatively low 40-45mph, but steady. The bridge deck rotated in the wind exposing more surface to the wind. The increased wind load further rotated the deck and so on. 

So, I can deny the harmonics causing the bridge collapse based on scientific fact. I do not deny harmonics have a use. Just that the video is wrong in using an outdated and disproven theory about the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse. 

Let’s consider what is proven then. Audible sound is limited to the construct of our ear drums & visible light is limited to the construct of our eyes. We use machines to enhance those constructs, making technology possible through our understanding of human perception. Everything is sound waves, whether you label them mechanical or electromagnetic. We convert those sound waves to higher or lower velocity & frequencies to achieve the desired output. I’m not sure if anyone remembers Spider-Man the animated series but while Peter Parker is tracking down the forgotten warriors, he makes a mental note that maybe we had lost the war & that the secret weapon was television. 

29B7094A-BA15-400B-80B2-081F59BA9D7A.jpeg

3 hours ago, Muno42 said:

You are arguing actual real world events with comic book scenarios. Even after I clarified that I agree harmonics have scientific and health benefits. 

The Spider-Man comment clearly wasn't meant to be taken as anything but a reference to what electronics could be used for! The part about the mechanics of sound was my actual argument, pointing out that we see & hear a fraction of what's actually going on around us. The information is still absorbed, but stored in what we call our subconscious. Considering we have such limited access to our own bodies though, it makes me wonder if we shouldn't be labelled the subconscious ourselves.

Edited by chezmtghut

16 hours ago, Muno42 said:

It's more appropriately a matter of conflation and definition rather than two distinct, physically differing phenomenon. We only approximate reality with our models, and the bridge in its obstinance does not conveniently manifest monotonically-increasing amplitudes as opposed to the resonance suggested by a cleverly simplified (and entirely elegant) O.D.E.

In an aeroelastic analysis they choose to put their chips on the positive feedback loop section of the felt, whereas the chaps in the camp of mechanical resonance see this self-excitation as being axiomatic to its very definition. 

I've seen these "battles of the camps" too many times not to be skeptical of the order of the day. Not when there's ego, prestige, NSA-funding, etc. on the line.  2c

p.s. I saw a link above which I didn't view. As for any applications of harmonics to health and healing, I have no dog in the fight. :nyah:

EDIT: Regarding the failure of the bridge, it's analytically insincere to reject the long-held theory of resonance without a non-linear solution to the D.E. in which some bulk stiffness (usually denoted by k) varies with time (represented implicitly by w, understood to be the angular frequency) to include the changing stiffness (of the bridge, in this case) as a function of the damage so-far incurred; in other words, k cannot be considered constant (k = k(w,t,...)). Terming the whole phenomenon "flutter" is a bit of a contrivance, in my very humble opinion, but if the models hold up in their burgeoning use, so be it. 

Edited by PopKulture

12 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

cannot wait for this thread to be locked and deleted. 

I haven't been in the movie/tv forum for several months, so I thought I'd do some browsing. This thread...it is not what I expected.

I think this nonsense has boiled over. Folks having concerns about a vaccine that was pushed through much faster than normal is hardly the same as [objectively...as in, I think they are :bigsmile:] offensive tweets or bona fide sexual harassment or whatever. I am in no mad rush to get the vaccine, although my wife has to for her job. Mainly, I think there are people who would benefit from it more than me and I am ok waiting my turn. No rush.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:25 AM, chezmtghut said:

Let’s consider what is proven then. Audible sound is limited to the construct of our ear drums & visible light is limited to the construct of our eyes. We use machines to enhance those constructs, making technology possible through our understanding of human perception. Everything is sound waves, whether you label them mechanical or electromagnetic. We convert those sound waves to higher or lower velocity & frequencies to achieve the desired output. I’m not sure if anyone remembers Spider-Man the animated series but while Peter Parker is tracking down the forgotten warriors, he makes a mental note that maybe we had lost the war & that the secret weapon was television. 

29B7094A-BA15-400B-80B2-081F59BA9D7A.jpeg

Wait, are you actually putting sound waves and electromagnetic waves on the same spectrum??

Edited by jcjames

5 hours ago, the blob said:

I think this nonsense has boiled over. Folks having concerns about a vaccine that was pushed through much faster than normal is hardly the same as [objectively...as in, I think they are :bigsmile:] offensive tweets or bona fide sexual harassment or whatever. I am in no mad rush to get the vaccine, although my wife has to for her job. Mainly, I think there are people who would benefit from it more than me and I am ok waiting my turn. No rush.

The vaccine was offered to all us here at work and 90% of our paramedics declined it. I’m not in the medical field but it gave me pause. It’s most likely fine and I’ve been injected with so much frap before deployments in the military, what’s one more? I’ll get it eventually, when the vaccine reaches a year of study and circulation. Just waiting a few months has seen changes like the single dose now instead of double. 

Edited by Oddball

5 hours ago, Oddball said:

The vaccine was offered to all us here at work and 90% of our paramedics declined it. I’m not in the medical field but it gave me pause. It’s most likely fine and I’ve been injected with so much frap before deployments in the military, what’s one more? I’ll get it eventually, when the vaccine reaches a year of study and circulation. Just waiting a few months has seen changes like the single dose now instead of double. 

The bold should give everyone pause.

This ain't the thread for that, but you don't want to be in the thread for that. lol

9 hours ago, Oddball said:

My wife is an epidemiologist. Doctorate, blah blah. She has been interviewed on TV about Covid (and other places), so she knows a little bit about it, although she wasn't in a lab working on a cure or anything. She does work with people who were. She did not hesitate to take it. Then again, her employer made it very clear they wanted her to take it. While she is working from home for the most part I don't think it was absolutely required, but I do not think they would have allowed her to set foot in her hospital/school if she did not. A close friend is an ER doctor and Chief Toxicologist of my county (of 2.7 million people) and he pretty much laid out (for us facebook non-doctors) a pretty clear rebuttal of the vaccine criticisms (in response to a non-doctor friend's spouting of pseudo science on facebook). He seemed pretty convincing. And while a paramedic has more medical training than I do and is infinitely more capable of dealing with medical matters within their baileywick, the safety and efficacy of vaccines is not. Paramedics can become paramedics out of high school through a certification program at a community college that takes 6-12 months depending on your jurisdicition. This makes them moderately more qualified than your average joe in the supermarket on these pubic health issues.

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

My wife is an epidemiologist. Doctorate, blah blah. She has been interviewed on TV about Covid (and other places), so she knows a little bit about it, although she wasn't in a lab working on a cure or anything. She does work with people who were. She did not hesitate to take it. Then again, her employer made it very clear they wanted her to take it. While she is working from home for the most part I don't think it was absolutely required, but I do not think they would have allowed her to set foot in her hospital/school if she did not. A close friend is an ER doctor and Chief Toxicologist of my county (of 2.7 million people) and he pretty much laid out (for us facebook non-doctors) a pretty clear rebuttal of the vaccine criticisms (in response to a non-doctor friend's spouting of pseudo science on facebook). He seemed pretty convincing. And while a paramedic has more medical training than I do and is infinitely more capable of dealing with medical matters within their baileywick, the safety and efficacy of vaccines is not. Paramedics can become paramedics out of high school through a certification program at a community college that takes 6-12 months depending on your jurisdicition. This makes them moderately more qualified than your average joe in the supermarket on these pubic health issues.

These are not your average paramedics. I have dumbed it down a bit. To get their position here, they require a paramedic certification along with other requirements including a military background in the medical field and combat tours. There are other certifications required by DOS as well. The vaccine was offered to us but not mandatory without FDA approval which is years away.  Anyway, I plan to get it, but I’m not in a hurry.  I’m never in a rush to put something in my body that was created in such a short amount of time.  

31 minutes ago, Oddball said:

These are not your average paramedics. I have dumbed it down a bit. To get their position here, they require a paramedic certification along with other requirements including a military background in the medical field and combat tours. There are other certifications required by DOS as well. The vaccine was offered to us but not mandatory without FDA approval which is years away.  Anyway, I plan to get it, but I’m not in a hurry.  I’m never in a rush to put something in my body that was created in such a short amount of time.  

And these are folks I would trust to get some schrapnel out of me and get me ready to get operated on if more was needed. The training they receive does not touch in any real way on these other issues. And I understand the concerns about this being an expedited process. I am not worried about us becoming zombies, but do have concerns that there may be preexisting conditions and drug interactions that clinical studies might not have explored. If they feel safe doing their jobs with hard core PPE, etc. then so be it.

55 minutes ago, the blob said:

My grandmother works in Administration with epidemiologists. As of X-Mas Eve, they are not suggesting any of the vaccines. They are not advocating against it, but they are not recommending or requiring it (yet). I'm not sure if anything has changed since then. Considering that 'we' haven't developed a vaccine like this so quickly, I think that it's logical to be cautious of potential effects that may not yet be evident. Same with the virus itself. What's "long-term"? Not sure. That's not my speciality (Obi-Wan).