• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collection robbery in Winter Gardens Florida

7 posts in this topic

A well known Star Wars collector had their home robbed, it's not all comic related, but the thief might try to sell to dealers/collectors in the area. Here's what was taken thus far. If anyone has any information and you aren't on Facebook, feel free to PM me and I'll relay it to the person.

"I am missing:
- Hardcopy 1 Luke Poncho prototype coin (the other two I still have)
- Luke Poncho cromalin
- At least 2 Kea Moll separation sheets
- All of my animation art from the Droids cartoon and the X-Men animated series
- All of my Star Wars greeting card art (Obi-Wan, Stormtrooper, 3PO and R2, Luke on Taun Taun, and the art to the Valentines Day Valentines box)
- A few dozen carded POTF2 figures
- The gold Star Wars record award from Canada
- A box of Uncanny X-Men comics, starting at 212 and running into the 300s, probably.
- A Virtual Boy and games in the black Blockbuster carrying case.
- A carded POTF Luke Poncho figure
- My X-Men comic book printing plates
- A Gold Yoda Pepsi can
- Medallions from the Marvel Movie Marathons
- A Model Trem bootleg TIE Pilot in the box
- Some of my Toy Biz presentation boards
- Original wax sculpts to the head of Black Canary and Huntress from the DC lines
- A medallion of Boba Fett from the French Celebration
- A complete boxed Fireball Island board game
- My picture album of me and collecting friends at Disney
- My collection of Disney restaurant menus
- I think they might have taken one of my coin etchings, I’m still looking for it
- One of those Star Wars LEGO Pod Race bucket things
- The Ewok Battle Wagon hardcopy wheel
- They took a little box which contained my great-grandmother’s recipes, which was an odd thing to steal
- The wax head of Toht
- Sculpt to the head of Wolverine from the Age of Apocalypse Marvel Legends line
- My comic book colorist artwork
- A bunch of my Converse shoes
- Some boxed Star Wars Micro Machines
- Some cowboy book cover art and some pinup art (including a rough by Vargas for a playing card)
- A 1930s Lionel Donald Duck handcar, which I bought for my mother (she collects vintage trains, but they're otherwise all okay).
- I think they stole my Celebration medallions, but I'm not sure yet.
- They stole the diary I kept on a Route 66 trip once, 10 years ago, alone with a few dozen pressed pennies (Like, seriously, what the hell?).
And more, I’m still taking stock."
Edited by comicwiz

57 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

From the sounds of it, the thief would have needed a small U-Haul.  Neighbors didn't notice anything? 

Yes, that's exactly what they used. From what I read, it was a lawn care guy and he had accomplices. Property was unattended and they must have taken advantage of the situation.