• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Last Ronin #1

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, D2 said:

I actually wanted the”thank you” variant, originally, which was the 1:75 ratio, black and white sketch edition of the regular cover. 

That is, until I realized it was:

a foil cover. >:(

a second print. :mad:

and 1 of 5,500 variants... :frustrated:

f it. 

Yes! I wanted the same LCS thank you, then read that article, and said screw this.

may just get a standard cover.

6 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Yes! I wanted the same LCS thank you, then read that article, and said screw this.

It's pretty out of control.  But maybe evidence that moderns aren't as dead as people claim.

I ended up getting a couple store variants by artists I hadn't heard of.  I personally like the Justin Mason one a lot.

35 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

It's pretty out of control.  But maybe evidence that moderns aren't as dead as people claim.

I ended up getting a couple store variants by artists I hadn't heard of.  I personally like the Justin Mason one a lot.

Nice! Anything Eastman for me, just love his style.

Wish there were just a few Variants, but at least he was cool enough to let everyone else's work show (thumbsu

The sheer number of variants is the only thing I don't like about IDW's handling of the TMNT property.  They've been doing it since the very beginning.  TMNT #1 from 2013 also had a ton of variants.  They've toned it down, but the series does have a ton of variants and they are really pushing the limits with Last Ronin as well.

The series is off to a cool start, but I'm sticking to my 1 copy of the standard cover and that'll be enough for me.  Same goes for the rest of the series.  I just want to read it.

2 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Now I’m going to wait for the series to end. 3 months in between issues!

My expectation is price on this book will drop. 

Standard cover ss 9.8 for you might be $100!

I've said this before.  Eventually we will have books that the entire print run is all variants.  Ie print run of 50,000, 50,000 different covers.  :whistle:

12 minutes ago, kav said:

I've said this before.  Eventually we will have books that the entire print run is all variants.  Ie print run of 50,000, 50,000 different covers.  :whistle:

That would make for 1:50,000 ratios. 

craziness in the collecting world lol

1 minute ago, D2 said:

That would make for 1:50,000 ratios. 

craziness in the collecting world lol

:idea: Plus each book would have its own multiple variant covers!  Triple cover books all with diff variant cover!!
Plus foil maybe and trading cards!  Bring back Marvel value stamps!  You gotta throw everything at the wall to $ELL!
L@@K!

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Future comic fan interviewing editor:
"What about the actual story"
"What's that?"

So true. 

Which is why my hopes are high with this one. I really do hope they knock it out of the park, so more people read it. 

1 minute ago, D2 said:

So true. 

Which is why my hopes are high with this one. I really do hope they knock it out of the park, so more people read it. 

Each book could come with an insert pack of Big League Chew!  :idea:

1 minute ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

A stick of gum like Garbage Pale Kids.

Or how ‘bout some Lakeside Skin Tattoos :banana:

Gum stick that also has a tattoo imbedded in it!  Apply tat then chew the gum!  Then read the comic!!!

I believe we have just dug Marvel (and others) out of the hole they are in and will see a new renessaince (sic?) in comics!!!  :acclaim:

1 hour ago, kav said:

I believe 'Uber' by Avatar already has.

Great read - but every issue had a variant or 4 - plus 'special issue' one-shot variants.

Destroyed the book as buyers were confronted with 4 - 8 different covers every month, all with the same story inside.

If they has just has one cover per issue, it would have done very, very well.

7 minutes ago, Beige said:

I believe 'Uber' by Avatar already has.

Great read - but every issue had a variant or 4 - plus 'special issue' one-shot variants.

Destroyed the book as buyers were confronted with 4 - 8 different covers every month, all with the same story inside.

If they has just has one cover per issue, it would have done very, very well.

:idea: Variant inside pages!!

16 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

If this was mentioned somewhere else, I couldn’t find it in a search.

The Last Ronin #1 70 different covers and a 2nd print now? Did I get this wrong?
This is to much, why even get it? I love TMNT but this is..... :tonofbricks:

LINK

Is this a joke? 

How many actual covers were there? It will just render the book worthless in time.

2 hours ago, Underground44 said:

Is this a joke? 

How many actual covers were there? It will just render the book worthless in time.

I don't think it is a joke.

Supposedly, the sought after cover is the Aaron Bartling limited to ~300 copies.

Link on eBay

Link on Recalled Comics