• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, pkveronese said:

I agree, I feel like it's a bargain compared to the Fett one right now. The cameo aspect is kinda rectified by the pages at the end showing the Yoda "goblin" form too IMO.

I lucked out on this book.  I went back to my source where I got my 42 to 44 from previously and asked him what he had left from the original series, as I'll buy them all.

I only bought the 42 to 44 last time, as they were all in one bag sandwiched together and I didn't want to a a dink and just take the 42.  They eventually all graded 9.8 but I missed out on getting the 43 during its rise.

I was surprised about how high the 41 was in GPA as I never paid attention to this book.  Good for me. 

1 minute ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Marvel Super Special 16 is the first Yoda, Boba Fett and Lando. Came out before the comics and still undervalued as of now.  Seems like the better alternative to having to get 41, 42, and 43.

MarvelSuperSpecial1.jpg

20 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Marvel Super Special 16 is the first Yoda, Boba Fett and Lando. Came out before the comics and still undervalued as of now.  Seems like the better alternative to having to get 41, 42, and 43.

Hard to say undervalued when it's selling high and all the current copies listed are $100+ ....if we're talking undervalued SW #1 is undervalued... along w all the 70s 80s hot properties like Conan 1, GI Joe 1, Voltron 1, Transformers 1, etc

Edited by littledoom

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

Cool cover? A lot of these buyers are just buying these issues in hopes/before they explode. $15-25 SW comics are becoming $40-50 comics and so on... Even the most minor $1 books explode

I bought up a bunch of SW5s at around $10-$15 each for that reason. 

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

Cool cover? A lot of these buyers are just buying these issues in hopes/before they explode. $15-25 SW comics are becoming $40-50 comics and so on... Even the most minor $1 books explode

It seems like every week (or every-other day) a "new" first appearance is discovered and bye-bye $5 book. That's why I bought as much as I could for $1 each; little risk, high reward.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I did wind up buying a 1st Cad Bane thanks to this thread.  I was surprised that he never made it to a Dark Horse book and that he first appears in a Marvel one. 

His first appearance in print was actually in a UK comic - Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic (Vol. 6) #15. I’ve never found one, though. He appeared in a webcomic before this, but this is his first appearance in print from 2010. 

0903CA56-A4CB-4E88-9E6B-61A9E1F4B177.jpeg.730ed5e4e64f707b8eb9cebbb85124d9.jpeg

7 hours ago, manetteska said:

It seems like every week (or every-other day) a "new" first appearance is discovered and bye-bye $5 book. That's why I bought as much as I could for $1 each; little risk, high reward.

Whoever is doing that practice is a smart savvy buyer. It’s a somewhat new market and folks are buying early. It’s better to buy than wish you did.. even if a $40 book doesn’t become $80.. you could probably still sell your $40 for $40 

38 minutes ago, manetteska said:

People, come on.

Like I said, Ahsoka has appeared on The Mandalorian and has a confirmed show in the works. Her first comic appearance is currently selling for $700-$800 for nice raw copies (and a 9.6 for $990). I know we love 9.8s, but geez.

Yeah the 9.6 sale looks like a bargain with raw prices being what they are.  I wonder if it's found it's ceiling or if that is yet to come at series time.