• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I would have gladly paid those prices. We have three stores here in town (all in business 10+ years) and not one single copy hit the shelves at any of them (at any price). Not one. 

Same here. When the copies did finally arrive not one copy made it past the subs at both stores. Nothing left over. In fact unless you pre-paid, you weren't guaranteed a copy.

10 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

The High Republic #1

1st appearance of Keeve Trennis, Vetar, Estala Maru, Lekaki, Kanrii and the 1st comic appearance of Matari, Lina Soh, Sskeer and Voru.

The High Republic Adventures #1

1st appearance of Baro, Bibs, Torban Buck, Farzala, Zeen Mrala, Qort, Lula Talisola and the Elders of the Path, as well as the 1st comic appearance of the Nihil (villains of the High Republic).

I thought the Nihil were on the 1:10 Marvel #1 cover?

8 hours ago, manetteska said:

At my store the Hans "variant" was $20.

Cover A and B were $10, and the 1:10 was $12.

Since the Hans was not a ratio variant, the only way the store priced it up to $20 was to look at eBay. And this is not some mom-and-pop store, this is a large presence with nearly a dozen stores.

Call them out - Graham?

4 hours ago, manetteska said:

They are, but they're only mentioned in High Republic #1 when Avar Kriss speaks to Estala Maru of Sskeer's encounter with the group on Kur; so the first comic book appearance of the Nihil will be in High Republic Adventures #1 - however, their first appearance is in the book The High Republic: Light of the Jedi ~

4 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

They are, but they're only mentioned in High Republic #1 when Avar Kriss speaks to Estala Maru of Sskeer's encounter with the group on Kur; so the first comic book appearance of the Nihil will be in High Republic Adventures #1 - however, their first appearance is in the book The High Republic: Light of the Jedi ~

Don't sleep on Adventures #1 IMO. You can see some more pics of the inside/-script and prelims in this old auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-High-Republic-Adventures-1-Uncorrected-Advance-Copy-NotforResale-/274632798751?hash=item3ff163f21f%3Ag%3ACd4AAOSwyo5f7zX8&nma=true&si=zjAw9Skw9PN2DsMDDlj3mOB1wQs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On an adjacent note, this looks very cool. Not a comic though:

https://outofprint.com/collections/star-wars/products/star-wars-the-high-republic-light-of-the-jedi-bundle

Edited by pkveronese

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:
16 hours ago, manetteska said:

At my store the Hans "variant" was $20.

Cover A and B were $10, and the 1:10 was $12.

Since the Hans was not a ratio variant, the only way the store priced it up to $20 was to look at eBay. And this is not some mom-and-pop store, this is a large presence with nearly a dozen stores.

Expand  

Call them out - Graham?

Yes, this is Graham Crackers. I made mention of this entire issue to them and they seemed well less than interested in talking with me to see what happened or to try and make it right. I suppose I have seen issue above cover on release day before — though it is extremely rare — but 5x cover? If you are so worried about a “flipper” grabbing all copies (which they could still do at $10 each) limit it to one copy.

Or, you know, since you have 11 locations across the country, you’re doing fine and don’t worry about this one issue. 

11 hours ago, manetteska said:

7 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Mentioned in Star Wars Adventures 30 also I believe, but not actual appearances.

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Yes, this is Graham Crackers. I made mention of this entire issue to them and they seemed well less than interested in talking with me to see what happened or to try and make it right. I suppose I have seen issue above cover on release day before — though it is extremely rare — but 5x cover? If you are so worried about a “flipper” grabbing all copies (which they could still do at $10 each) limit it to one copy.

Or, you know, since you have 11 locations across the country, you’re doing fine and don’t worry about this one issue. 

Sadly this is typical of my experiences with them as well in the past.  I swore them off awhile back.

1 minute ago, AJsLongboxComics said:
12 hours ago, manetteska said:

7 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Mentioned in Star Wars Adventures 30 also I believe, but not actual appearances.

Admittedly I am not caught up on all of this, but is the 1:10 High Republic #1 their "actual appearance" or is that a sub-group or different entity than that found in Adventures #1?

Star Wars 10 1:25 seems to be selling for $50-70

I'm curious to see how well Star Wars Insider 200 does when it hits next month on Feb. 10th.
It's got a Mandalorian foil cover by Peach and part 2 of the Star Wars High Republic story from 199. 

Edited by Rip

1 hour ago, Rip said:

I'm curious to see how well Star Wars Insider 200 does when it hits next month on Feb. 10th.
It's got a Mandalorian foil cover by Peach and part 2 of the Star Wars High Republic story from 199. 

Yeah, I'm still curious about this - #199 had the advantage of the first magazine appearance of the High Republic, whereas #200 will just have a Grogu/Mando cover ~

2 hours ago, Rip said:

Store variant, pass.

16 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Store variant, pass.

A valid point but its also a variant of the alt cover. But a couple of those High Republic store variants have been bonkers. $200-$300+

Edited by Rip

2 hours ago, AJsLongboxComics said:
5 hours ago, manetteska said:

Sadly this is typical of my experiences with them as well in the past.  I swore them off awhile back.

Last comment on this very specific situation, but to further show Graham Cracker's "service", they liked a post by a random stating "Sometimes losing a customer is a total win".

Again, without ever contacting me directly, or speaking with me about my particular issue. They just keep reiterating that they don't have a record of my subscription in their physical sheets, which I agree with, but that is not my story.

Was going to give them the benefit as they are close and I've had a pull list there for 8+ years but now forget them.

12 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, the ones that were limited to 600. These retailers do not disclose how many are being printed. Same for their HR store variant.

True, but even without the store foil/virgin you still have the regular PX Peach variant (same cover just not foil/Virgin). Issue 201 starts a new High Republic Story as well. I'm wondering if Star Wars Insiders are going to be more of a thing in general now. As various back issues have certainly reached new highs. 

Edited by Rip

6 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Last comment on this very specific situation, but to further show Graham Cracker's "service", they liked a post by a random stating "Sometimes losing a customer is a total win".

This is simply unprofessional and not a way to run a business. It gains you nothing. In fact, I will refrain from placing any online orders with them moving forward. Kewl Books and all.