• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround time changes and current orders
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Thank you for clarifying some of this confusion Paul! It is much appreciated and rejuvenates my trust in CGC as a new customer.

4 hours ago, PaulS. said:

This is not correct and I will speak to customer service to clarify. The 60 day turnaround time applies to orders we are receiving now. For the bulk orders shipping out the door right now, we are at about 33 business days, but we know that will slowly increase as we work through the backlog. We want to be as transparent as we can be because we know that turnaround times are very important to our customers.

In response to additional comments I saw on this thread, no, nobody from CGC has quit or been fired. Quite the contrary, we have been hiring like crazy! 

Paul

Edited by LKG

Total BS.   Why do i get penalized for your identifiers mistakes?  i have some orders bouncing in and out of Scheduled to grade to Grading then back to Scheduled to grade....  Because CGC identified my cards wrong.

REALLY NOT HAPPY AT THIS POINT.   Orders received 10/28/2020 still "scheduled for grading" ... This is FFF UP.

I give CGC the chance to clean this mistakes up privately first (email) , then on CGC forums and boards.  if all that does not work, i post these problems on open forums.  It is in the best interest to solve the problems in the EMAIL STAGE. 

All i want is my cards graded in approx the time promised, not 2x-3x the times posted when i submitted 500 cards.  I was supportive of CGC .

but a customer can only deal with so many mistakes and excuses.

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT CGC.     

Im not really the one to defend companies too often but I think people are being a bit too harsh on BGS and need to be a bit more patience.

I say this since they have been shut down for 2 holidays in a row and with the pandemic going on, these guys have been working their *** off and needed a break. Im totally ok if they take off New Years as well since their human beings. They arent robots that you send cards to and they just **** them out.

Like I get that people have their money held up, but its cardboard. Its not life or death situation. Just think people should have some perspective.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

Total BS.   Why do i get penalized for your identifiers mistakes?  i have some orders bouncing in and out of Scheduled to grade to Grading then back to Scheduled to grade....  Because CGC identified my cards wrong.

REALLY NOT HAPPY AT THIS POINT.   Orders received 10/28/2020 still "scheduled for grading" ... This is FFF UP.

I give CGC the chance to clean this mistakes up privately first (email) , then on CGC forums and boards.  if all that does not work, i post these problems on open forums.  It is in the best interest to solve the problems in the EMAIL STAGE. 

All i want is my cards graded in approx the time promised, not 2x-3x the times posted when i submitted 500 cards.  I was supportive of CGC .

but a customer can only deal with so many mistakes and excuses.

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT CGC.     

Please email me the issues directly and I will look into it. Paul@cgccards.com

40 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Im not really the one to defend companies too often but I think people are being a bit too harsh on BGS and need to be a bit more patience.

I say this since they have been shut down for 2 holidays in a row and with the pandemic going on, these guys have been working their *** off and needed a break. Im totally ok if they take off New Years as well since their human beings. They arent robots that you send cards to and they just **** them out.

Like I get that people have their money held up, but its cardboard. Its not life or death situation. Just think people should have some perspective.

Its just cards , True,  So grading companies should charge us at the end of grading.  Its just Cards.   I would have no problem if grading companies charged the customer at completion of services like any other business.    There is no risk when a company charges upfront for product or services.   They can change policies and take as long as they want as only the consumer has risk.

3 hours ago, alohaboyz said:

Its just cards , True,  So grading companies should charge us at the end of grading.  Its just Cards.   I would have no problem if grading companies charged the customer at completion of services like any other business.    There is no risk when a company charges upfront for product or services.   They can change policies and take as long as they want as only the consumer has risk.

That is what they choose to do though. You as a customer agree to it. If you dont like it then you go elsewhere. Its not really up to the customer to tell a company how to run things. 

10 hours ago, PaulS. said:

This is not correct and I will speak to customer service to clarify. The 60 day turnaround time applies to orders we are receiving now. For the bulk orders shipping out the door right now, we are at about 33 business days, but we know that will slowly increase as we work through the backlog. We want to be as transparent as we can be because we know that turnaround times are very important to our customers.

In response to additional comments I saw on this thread, no, nobody from CGC has quit or been fired. Quite the contrary, we have been hiring like crazy! 

Paul

Thank God. I've been sweating bullets for days. After dumping money on a bulk submission and currently trying to stagger submissions to constantly have them coming back to sell and fund further submissions I thought I was going to in some deep doo if it was 60 day turn around on the initial ones. I'm glad you clarified this. Maybe I can sleep again at night 😂

1 hour ago, mattyzeepgam said:

That is what they choose to do though. You as a customer agree to it. If you dont like it then you go elsewhere. Its not really up to the customer to tell a company how to run things. 

Guess what?  I am..   I use PSA, BGS and CGC.   CGC  HAD a use with the 30 day turnaround.  PSA is for high $$$$ cards,bulk and express. BGS is great with express. 

I guess i should spread the word around the open forums then.   Giving CGC a chance to solve the problems on there OWN FORUM.  Keeping it inhouse. 

E4

4 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Seems like some constructive criticism could be beneficial at the onset here. As a start up I’d want some customer input rather than customers being one and done after not liking the experience and moving back to the established companies. 

People can say what they want about CGC being an established company with comics...but this is a whole New ball game and obviously not that closely associated with the CGC comic grading business otherwise some of the issues such as the extreme lags times to check in received orders wouldn’t have occurred or at least not as fast as they did.

My order was received on 11/17 and is still sitting on received, that being said January 4th will be 30 business days and thats not including holidays. So I feel like it needs to start changing soon. Is anyone sitting on the same timeline as me? I really hope I can get them soon. 

2 hours ago, Mephisto said:

Seems like some constructive criticism could be beneficial at the onset here. As a start up I’d want some customer input rather than customers being one and done after not liking the experience and moving back to the established companies. 

People can say what they want about CGC being an established company with comics...but this is a whole New ball game and obviously not that closely associated with the CGC comic grading business otherwise some of the issues such as the extreme lags times to check in received orders wouldn’t have occurred or at least not as fast as they did.

They arent asking for criticism though. There is nothing more obnoxious than unsolicited advice. As someone who runs a business, the last thing that I care about is someone telling me how to do stuff.

Also, people are forgetting that they took 4 days off and will probably take off new years & new years eye. Thats 6 days of not working, which means they are temporary backed up. It would not shock me if they went back to 30 day turn around post holidays since they not only hired more people, but they will catch up from the backlog.

Im just saying that people need to back off a bit and keep things in perspective. Like most of you are here since your resellers and these guys are helping you make more money. There is no need to be all doomsday when just by looking at the holiday calendar that they were going to have delays. Im not understanding why people need to be told this since its kind of common sense. 6 days of not working and people are shocked that they are delays, like really? Thats shocking lol?

I sent in cards back in November but am not shocked they havent came back yet. CGC only works 5 days a week and most weeks have been 3 day work weeks. Like am I the only one who realizes this or am I the real crazy one?

Edited by mattyzeepgam

5 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

They arent asking for criticism though. There is nothing more obnoxious than unsolicited advice. As someone who runs a business, the last thing that I care about is someone telling me how to do stuff.

Personally I like criticism as long as it's constructive. I always like to know why a customer chose me or why they would consider to do so. I'd rather have their money flow into my pocket again, instead of someone else's. You're always going to have to filter through the obvious nonsense but a lot of time there is good info to support what you're doing well or let you know you can improve in an area. Impossible to make everyone happy, but there's always room for improving one's own methods. 

In this instance it looks like we may have been mislead by another post. Honestly person_without_enough_empathying about time increase isn't helpful. I'm guilty of that. I'm not sure any of us know enough of their daily operations to complain about a specific area of the process. It should give them insight as to how people will feel about longer turn around times. In a post he said they were hiring so it sounds like they're already attempting to address the issue. As with most things, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

15 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Also, people are forgetting that they took 4 days off and will probably take off new years & new years eye. Thats 6 days of not working, which means they are temporary backed up. It would not shock me if they went back to 30 day turn around post holidays since they not only hired more people, but they will catch up from the backlog.

By having a message board they are asking for it and they clearly need it. Not to mention over the summer someone came into a FB MTG group to post about the new service and answer any question but at the same time clearly looking for feedback on initial batch of graded cards posted.

If you think the holidays are the reason for their issues you are clearly clueless or in denial. 

It wouldn’t shock me if they get the turnaround times back down after the holidays and then they balloon again a short time later. That’s often been the case with CGC comics grading...the only difference is for the longest time CGC was the only real option to have comics graded and since day one have been the number one choice. CGC graded cards on the other hand are trying to capture a sizeable share of an already long established grading field. It’s very hard to be accepted by collectors. I still see many say they won’t buy CBCS graded comics and the figure heard for that company is the OG ahead graded for CGC comics. 

I can also see submitters being upset with turnaround times when things like this were posted over the summer which honestly I had forgot until I came across it on my phone today.

60815165-A2DD-46B4-8327-2411743D2EEC.jpeg

Edited by Mephisto

10 hours ago, Chris Oxendine said:

My order was received on 11/17 and is still sitting on received, that being said January 4th will be 30 business days and thats not including holidays. So I feel like it needs to start changing soon. Is anyone sitting on the same timeline as me? I really hope I can get them soon. 

My Cards were Received 11/12 and have been sitting in the schedule to be graded stage over a week. But i do understand they are backed up do to the holidays. Patience is key they will catch back up. Just gotta understand there perspective. It sucks i know. 

I have had multiple submissions from CGC the cards look great. They have been very Responsive. I think they are only behind due to Holidays. Everyone also must understand we are in a Pandemic as well. That will also cause personnel to be out for weeks. If anyone owns a business or works at one you should know the issues around the holiday season. Give them some time and you see how good CGC really is. Thanks CGC 

2 hours ago, Mephisto said:

By having a message board they are asking for it and they clearly need it. Not to mention over the summer someone came into a faded MTG group to post about the new service and answer any question but at the same time clearly looking for feedback on initial batch of graded cards posted.

If you think the holidays are the reason for their issues you are clearly clueless or in denial. 

It wouldn’t shock me if they get the turnaround times back down after the holidays and then they balloon again a short time later. That’s often been the case with CGC comics grading...the only difference is for the longest time CGC was the only real option to have comics graded and since day one have been the number one choice. CGC graded cards on the other hand are trying to capture a sizeable share of an already long established grading field. It’s very hard to be accepted by collectors. I still see many say they won’t buy CBCS graded comics and the figure heard for that company is the OG ahead graded for CGC comics. 

I can also see submitters being upset with turnaround times when things like this were posted over the summer which honestly I had forgot until I came across it on my phone today.

60815165-A2DD-46B4-8327-2411743D2EEC.jpeg

Yeah now your just making assumptions. The message board is just a way to get traffic to their website. They know what they are doing and dont think they are going to change how they do business based on what some random people on the internet think. And Id probably do the same. Like are you really going to change up what your doing based on what strangers online tell you? Especially people with no real clear authority.

People just really need to chill out. If you dont like CGC then you can wait an eternity with PSA or BGS and ***** and complain about how awful they are too. Even 2 months isnt bad. My original post was mostly towards the guy freaking out and how they need to solve things asap or he will rage out on other message boards. Thats stepping out of line and being unreasonable.

4 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Personally I like criticism as long as it's constructive. I always like to know why a customer chose me or why they would consider to do so. I'd rather have their money flow into my pocket again, instead of someone else's. You're always going to have to filter through the obvious nonsense but a lot of time there is good info to support what you're doing well or let you know you can improve in an area. Impossible to make everyone happy, but there's always room for improving one's own methods. 

In this instance it looks like we may have been mislead by another post. Honestly person_without_enough_empathying about time increase isn't helpful. I'm guilty of that. I'm not sure any of us know enough of their daily operations to complain about a specific area of the process. It should give them insight as to how people will feel about longer turn around times. In a post he said they were hiring so it sounds like they're already attempting to address the issue. As with most things, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Not every customer is a good one though. In my business, I dont care if certain people dont come back. The headaches arent worth it and long term they are just going to be a pain in the butt to deal with. They are not the only people in the world with money.

Thats why I keep pushing people to learn perspective. From CGC's point of view, are you really going to be listening to a few super vocal people who you dont even know? If the complaints were consistent, then that is one thing. If a few random people are complaining, then there is the door. CGC has something valuable in their quick turnaround times that are still light years faster than BGS and PSA. They have the leverage here. And again, holidays. Pandemic. Human beings. Any rational person can put 2 and 2 together and come to a conclusion on why things are the way they are.

36 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Not every customer is a good one though. In my business, I dont care if certain people dont come back. The headaches arent worth it and long term they are just going to be a pain in the butt to deal with. They are not the only people in the world with money.

Thats why I keep pushing people to learn perspective. From CGC's point of view, are you really going to be listening to a few super vocal people who you dont even know? If the complaints were consistent, then that is one thing. If a few random people are complaining, then there is the door. CGC has something valuable in their quick turnaround times that are still light years faster than BGS and PSA. They have the leverage here. And again, holidays. Pandemic. Human beings. Any rational person can put 2 and 2 together and come to a conclusion on why things are the way they are.

It is you that is making a lot of assumptions.  What makes you think you are the only person that owns a company posting on here?  I have have and still own multiple companies. That is why i have a strong opinion on how companies should be run and treat customers.  Cash flow is very important in the business world.  Charging customers upfront for unfulfillable promises is not a good thing.   If you are in denial of customers opinions and think you know everything, good luck improving your business.  The people running the CGC card grading division are young and most likely have never owned or ever run a business, This situation of being "successful by having so much submission and success" is more luck than any type of skill on building a business (pandemic + PSA/bgs/sgc over flow + pokemon craze_).  They need some direction.   Luck is great, but to sustain longevity takes skill.    

12 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

It is you that is making a lot of assumptions.  What makes you think you are the only person that owns a company posting on here?  I have have and still own multiple companies. That is why i have a strong opinion on how companies should be run and treat customers.  Cash flow is very important in the business world.  Charging customers upfront for unfulfillable promises is not a good thing.   If you are in denial of customers opinions and think you know everything, good luck improving your business.  The people running the CGC card grading division are young and most likely have never owned or ever run a business, This situation of being "successful by having so much submission and success" is more luck than any type of skill on building a business (pandemic + PSA/bgs/sgc over flow + pokemon craze_).  They need some direction.   Luck is great, but to sustain longevity takes skill.    

You own multiple companies yet your on here spending your time ranting lol? Ya ok man I totally believe you. You totally have the free time to give free consulting and not ask for anything in return since your the ultimate business man. 

Im done arguing since this is just a complete waste of time. Your more interested in ranting and your just in your own world. Your not as important as you think and your probably a narcissist. 

Props to CGC for putting up with people like this. I appreciate their business and look forward to working with them. Hope they get rest from the holidays and things get soon since they are helping people make money and Im very appreciative of that.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

34 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

You own multiple companies yet your on here spending your time ranting lol? Ya ok man I totally believe you. You totally have the free time to give free consulting and not ask for anything in return since your the ultimate business man. 

Im done arguing since this is just a complete waste of time. Your more interested in ranting and your just in your own world. Your not as important as you think and your probably a narcissist. 

Props to CGC for putting up with people like this. I appreciate their business and look forward to working with them. Hope they get rest from the holidays and things get soon since they are helping people make money and Im very appreciative of that.

LOL,  you should read ALL YOUR POSTS to yourself .   All your post talks about yourself. It is so funny.

LOL.    Its almost the end of the year. Start spending to get your business deductions.