• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround time changes and current orders
1 1

71 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Yeah now your just making assumptions. The message board is just a way to get traffic to their website. They know what they are doing and dont think they are going to change how they do business based on what some random people on the internet think. And Id probably do the same. Like are you really going to change up what your doing based on what strangers online tell you? Especially people with no real clear authority.

People just really need to chill out. If you dont like CGC then you can wait an eternity with PSA or BGS and ***** and complain about how awful they are too. Even 2 months isnt bad. My original post was mostly towards the guy freaking out and how they need to solve things asap or he will rage out on other message boards. Thats stepping out of line and being unreasonable.

Shut the up NEWB. Yeah making assumptions about these boards after being on them for 17 years.

In fact I can think of one instance off the top of my head that myself and a few others recommended on the boards that CGC adopted shortly after the recommendation for comics which was allowing Restored comic books to be signature series books. That is a direct result of CGC listening to a few customers complaints/recommendations on the boards. That is why you now see yellow label comics with a purple strip at the top. That was CGC listening to customer input on the boards and surprise surprise it also allowed CGC to make more money by accepting restored comics for signature series.

They will have to change things up if they don’t get the business they need to stay afloat. I personally have been scrolling past CGC graded cards the same way I scroll past CBCS comics and I know I’m not the only one. If they don’t listen to input their market share is going to look like PGX in the comic market. 

Edited by Mephisto

28 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Shut the up NEWB. Yeah making assumptions about these boards after being on them for 17 years.

In fact I can think of one instance off the top of my head that myself and a few others recommended on the boards that CGC adopted shortly after the recommendation for comics which was allowing Restored comic books to be signature series books. That is a direct result of CGC listening to a few customers complaints/recommendations on the boards. That is why you now see yellow label comics with a purple strip at the top. That was CGC listening to customer input on the boards and surprise surprise it also allowed CGC to make more money by accepting restored comics for signature series.

They will have to change things up if they don’t get the business they need to stay afloat. I personally have been scrolling past CGC graded cards the same way I scroll past CBCS comics and I know I’m not the only one. If they don’t listen to input their market share is going to look like PGX in the comic market. 

Yeah posts like these just tell me that you think the world revolves around you and that a business needs to bend over backwards just for you. Your not their only customer and they are not going to go under just because they did not service you the way you wanted. You alone are not the difference between a business's life and death.

I'll let you have the last word un since you sound like the guy who needs to be on the moral high ground but the last thing I'll say is that you chose to be on these boards for 17 years. That isnt CGC's problem.

6 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Yeah posts like these just tell me that you think the world revolves around you and that a business needs to bend over backwards just for you. Your not their only customer and they are not going to go under just because they did not service you the way you wanted. You alone are not the difference between a business's life and death.

I'll let you have the last word un since you sound like the guy who needs to be on the moral high ground but the last thing I'll say is that you chose to be on these boards for 17 years. That isnt CGC's problem.

You obviously have reading comprehension problems and your ability for analytic thinking is basically non existent. Your ramblings are basically a rehash of the debate scene in Billy Madison.

You can’t even admit you don’t know what you are talking about when faced with actual facts such as the example I provided of CGC listening to customer input on these boards in the past.

At no point did I say I personally had any issues with CGC servicing me (you pervert). I never had any complaints with CGC when sending in comics for grading. I’ve never submitted to BGS or PSA. I’ve only submitted cards to SGC back when they were under the CGC umbrella and had no complaints. 

Until CGC graded cards prove themselves a steady seller on the secondary market I choose to avoid adding any such cards to my personal collection.

B6F94CB3-CA60-4DB2-977F-D5DCE3CB7284.jpeg

Edited by Mephisto

My bulk order, received from 11/19, has now been moved to scheduled for grading. But my econ order that was received the same day is still as received, which I found odd.

Edit: Econ order now on scheduled for grading! I'll keep ya posted on when it goes into the next stage. 

Edited by MisterBox
Fixing info

On 12/28/2020 at 1:47 PM, mattyzeepgam said:

That is what they choose to do though. You as a customer agree to it. If you dont like it then you go elsewhere. Its not really up to the customer to tell a company how to run things. 

How can you go elsewhere when your cards are being held by a company that is literally pushing your cards back so they can focus on their top tiers? What send them back so they can “Lose” your cards in the mail? I think thy are stealing cards and just paying out ridiculous insurance. 

I don’t know what you guys expected to happen. They offered a similar (if not superior) product to the market at lower cost with faster turn around times than existing competitors (which still holds). It’s not like they had hundreds of graders on standby just in case more cards came in than usual. 

It’s a business. Demand goes up, price goes up. Inventory goes up, turnaround increases. Business starts to boom, company has more capital to start expansion by hiring more employees. There’s also this pandemic thing going around so that slows stuff down a bit. 

It’ll take time, but I’m still confident I’m getting the most value out of this service so I’m willing to wait it out. 

On 2/22/2021 at 11:55 PM, Manuel Marti said:

How can you go elsewhere when your cards are being held by a company that is literally pushing your cards back so they can focus on their top tiers? What send them back so they can “Lose” your cards in the mail? I think thy are stealing cards and just paying out ridiculous insurance. 

What in the hell are you talking about. 

After going through this thread, I would offer that CGC is currently competitive with the other companies and the more that cards they grade sell, they will fit in at the top with the rest of the market. Yes, there are changes and adaptations that need to be made and the prices fluctuates by auction, but I just sold my 9.5 (the second one in the link) on Feb 22 for $446.00. There are Becketts that have sold for less at the same grade. Overall, they are generally all close in range IMO. I have thought of grading cards through BGS or PSA since CGC is new to that game, but from what I see and my experience with them grading comics, I'm happy with the outcome so far.

charizard vmax rainbow rare 074 9.5 in CCG Individual Cards | eBay

Edited by CHASEnBLUE