• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fantasy #15 1962 CGC 9.8 up for auction
1 1

85 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I wonder if a new listing will show up "Pieces of the trimmed AF #15 cgc 9.8 up for auction". Kind of like the Action #1 brittle shavings lol

like them bubble gum shavings in that famous gum-

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, kav said:

"A new group of collectors stands by this practice"
WTH

Okay, I am about to go on a rantrant 

I am with kav, are we going to let that statement go by without questioning it?  Where is the empirical evidence to support the claim that "... a new group of collectors stands by this practice".  

I highly doubt there is any evidence to support that claim, therefore it is an opinion.  I know we are in some new, crazy post modern world where if someone says something it is "true" because truth is a "social construct".   

But am I to understand that trimming is now acceptable among a new group of collectors?  Maybe it is?  Maybe I am just old school. But let's not let statements like that go unchallenged. A lot of us old timers were opposed to pressing but most have come around.  Pressing at least does not remove pieces from a book.  But trimming, really?  That is acceptable now??  :facepalm: 

1 minute ago, DWL said:

Okay, I am about to go on a rantrant 

I am with kav, are we going to let that statement go by without questioning it?  Where is the empirical evidence to support the claim that "... a new group of collectors stands by this practice".  

I highly doubt there is any evidence to support that claim, therefore it is an opinion.  I know we are in some new, crazy post modern world where if someone says something it is "true" because truth is a "social construct".   

But am I to understand that trimming is now acceptable among a new group of collectors?  Maybe it is?  Maybe I am just old school. But let's not let statements like that go unchallenged. A lot of us old timers were opposed to pressing but most have come around.  Pressing at least does not remove pieces from a book.  But trimming, really?  That is acceptable now??  :facepalm: 

I believe and it is my opinion that that statement was yanked entirely out of someone's ***.  Reminds me of the famous "You gonna let that bother you?"   I have not seen a shred of evidence of this 'new group'.  Not even a hint or a whisper or an urban legend lol 

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Extensive AND triple trimmed. The double beso de muerte. 

hey at least it wasnt quadruple trimmed!
The new grp likes triples but draws the line at the quadruples-

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

someone could crack that book out and give themselves a clean shave with those edges

The new group of collectors disagrees!!!

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

They're the people that live under the stairs. Like in the movie. 

"This is your chance to get in on the ground floor and become one of these new groups of collectors!"
(Not us tho-we're trying to sell, not buy-)

Just now, kav said:

"This is your chance to get in on the ground floor and become one of these new groups of collectors!"
(Not us tho-we're trying to sell, not buy-)

That's what she said.