• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 - Worth the dice roll?
3 3

13 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I mean, it looks great. No way to tell through a bag though what the specific grade is, and/or if there are back cover defects.

I think with the way this book is going that even if that book turns to have something crazy going on with it that it comes to a 8.0 that within a year money can be made off of it. 

Edited by Buzzetta

36 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Neat story about ASM #300. I bought a copy off the stands back in 1988, read it once or twice and stored it away. Slabbed it in 2006 after it got hot and got a CGC 9.8; sold the slab on ebay for $1K; used the proceeds to buy a 2.0ish ASM #1. I've always been tickled about that swap. It's funny, but comparing the current GPA values all these years later, both books in their respective grades are still pretty much in the same ballpark. 

Cool story .5

Figured I did pretty decent, there is a near identical one up on eBay for 1270 w/ 2-1/2 days left. Guy said that one (1270) was a 9.8 that was cracked to get a signature. Not sure it was or not, looks like two color breaks on spine it me, but maybe not. Not sure how those grade out. 

1260BB00-6B9A-4CCD-BCDF-1D93EE1C551D.jpeg

Nice book, I missed this on the newsstand when it first came out but bought three copies months later at a con for six bucks each 

all bagged and boarded.  I didn't even bother to take the comic out of the bag to check for defects, I just looked at the front cover

and that was it.  All three were slabbed back in 2003 and came back two 9.6 / one 9.8.  I sold the two 9.6 back in 2004 for $200 each 

and kept the 9.8.