• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
6 6

865 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Yesterday Popkulture torn up the sale thread yesterday and tonight Robot man rules tonight.  Different treads.

You heard it here second, from the Department of Redundancy Department.

3 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Is that a signature on cover? I see “J ... is that a “C” next?

Yup,  that's our old buddy  Jim  Clark  marking his territory,  this time with  a pretty sharp blue pencil.

2 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Western Killers nn

I **think** this is the issue  listed  as nn in  Overstreet,  nothing  else seems to match, 
but  the inside FC is  advertising rather than first page of the story.
Interior  appears to be the Fox issue  Range Busters #1 the one shot.
O'street  lists  one  nn, 1948,  GCD lists another one,  from  M.S.Dist,  1954?

I is confruzzled. 

What I  CAN  tell you is that this  issue is  just  a  few  color breaks on the spine from  
being  news stand fresh,  Gorgeous, colors that pop,  flat,  tight,  clean,  glossy, 
white pages.  A beauty. 

I'm going with the O'street pricing,  which has  that particular issue at  $56 at 8.0

Asking  $100 for this gem. 

1DBcoYy.jpg

It might be a Canucker Rick?Wut's on the back page?

7 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Yup,  that's our old buddy  Jim  Clark  marking his territory,  this time with  a pretty sharp blue pencil.

Yeah, I saw it and went to bed before you posted. Your two different sale threads wore me out well but both are fantastic.

6 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

It might be a Canucker Rick?Wut's on the back page?

Back cover and several interior ads are for  misc  Hollywood photos,  chewing gum,  etc,
all based in  either New York  City,  or  Chicago.  Nothing to indicate anything  of a 
Canadian  origin. 

I iz still  confruzzled. 

...and with that...

Good  Morning,  Gang!

Here's  my announcement  mentioned last night. 

Effective  immediately,  anything  on  the  recap,  page 26,  is discounted 20 percent. 

Even if it's marked FIRM,  feel  free to  take  the discount.   Last thread I  did this, 
and it took  me a  couple hours  to  get  caught back up,  so  no  Early  Birds today. 

Back as usual for a  blast at 4 PM  and a bigger blast  at 8 PM

Edited by catrick339

On 12/24/2020 at 10:30 PM, catrick339 said:

Here's the last  book  for the evening. 

Little  Lana 9

Spine roll,  plenty of general wear,  Tear at upper staple an  LH edge  BC,  several small 
tears  interior.  Nice reader,  tight with  offwhite pages. 

Asking $15

littlelan9.jpg

Take @20% Off

On 12/25/2020 at 6:37 PM, catrick339 said:

Baffling 17

Small split upper spine,  chip  out  center spine,   small tears at both staples,  small 
tear  LH edge BC. Good  amount of general wear to boot. That being said,  good gloss, 
tight  spine and  CF,  white pages. 

Solid pre-code book for  $50

baffling17.jpg

:takeit:at 20% off

On 12/27/2020 at 5:35 PM, catrick339 said:

All right Gang! Last book for this session.   Back this evening with another stack. 

Frogman 2

This time  Jim  signed it lower RH  in red grease pencil, lol

Couple tiny tears  BC,  some general wear,  but flat,  tight,   glossy,  offwhite pages. 

Yours for $25

pthLgJL.jpg

:takeit:at 20% off

9 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Western Killers #nn (I **think**).

1DBcoYy.jpg

You are correct.  This is one of several Fox reprints published by M.S. Distributing as part of an offer by F & J Trading Company to "Get This Kids!  15 Comic Books Only $1."  I believe this offer appears as an ad on the last interior page (see below).  There's some uncertainty about when these reprints were published (1952 or 1954).

FJTC.thumb.jpg.7e6a1fd7ffe20824b9d735c3effffc34.jpg

On 12/26/2020 at 3:02 PM, catrick339 said:

Apache #1

Fiction House  one shot.  Buy this and you've completed a GA  series,  :D

Chip out upper spine BC,   several small tears along  spine  BC. Couple small tears RH  edge FC.
Flat,  tight spine and CF,  bit of gloss left, white pages.  Couple  chips and small tears interior.

Asking  $30

On 12/26/2020 at 3:30 PM, catrick339 said:

G I Joe 26

Well,  there's Joe again  with  his  goofy  arse  smile  as he beats the bejabers 
out of those filthy bad guys.  I've mentioned  it before,  but on  all of these  painted  Joe 
covers  he has  the same  goofy  grin  whether he's   spoon feeding orphans or  
flamethrowing  Commies, lol

Some general wear,  otherwise flat, tight, glossy,   offwhite pages.

Asking  $20

1k2MgE5.jpg

a5yQ3Np.jpg

Take both at 20% off

On 12/25/2020 at 7:55 PM, catrick339 said:

U.S. Fighting Air Force 25

Couple teensy tears on spine, see the scan for the minute dangling chads 
otherwise  flat,  clean,  glossy. Pulled  upper  staple on  CF,  tears  at lower staple. 
Offwhite pages. 

Asking  $20

USfightingair25.jpg

Take at 20% off :takeit:

On 12/24/2020 at 3:27 PM, catrick339 said:

Merry  Holidays!  No, wait a minute...
Season's  Christmas!  No...no...
Happy  Greetings! ...dammit. 

Well you get the idea. 

Tonight  I'm  starting  a new  thread  with  what I didn't get  listed  back in  November,  the  rest of the James  Clark  westerns and  war  collection. 
Lots of  good  westerns,   and  a   good smattering of  war books  I overlooked  or  ignored the first time around.  
The  rest of the  thread is my  usual  mixed  grille of  GA,  50's.  SA,  pulps,  and  odd bits.  
I'll  get  a start this  afternoon,   break for dinner,  and push on  until  my  fingers get sore,  :D

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Dan'l Boone 2

Touch of spine/stacking  roll,  couple  chips off lower  edge FC,  bit of general wear.  Glossy,  tight spine and CF,  offwhite pages

Asking  $10

QGfqDgm.jpg

Take at 20% off