• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't we all just get along? — or, boot some of these idiots off the boards!

124 posts in this topic

Me? I'm 15 so it's safe to say moderns! DC only, though wink.gif

Batman and Superman (not the combined series) are my favorite comics :o

Hello. hi.gif

How come your name is that funny color?

Blue = User

Red = Moderator or Arch

Green = CGC(or coin/card) official but not a mod

Yellow = Special guy like the Gemstone publisher

What is brown/black for? confused.gif

I'm guessing that his title, Young Collector, has something to do with it. I don't think I've ever seen that designation before, so maybe if you're under 16 you get that title and colour.

OT - you wouldn't believe how good a job the mods do around here and it's a shame to see them slagged. I'm not going to use the word Newbie and add fire to the flames, but when you've been here a while, you'll realise exactly how difficult it is treading the line between control and free rein, which Arch + co. do very well. Remember, moderating these boards is not actually the main part of their jobs and the traffic here is enormous. Factor in a volatile crew and they should be praised for hitting a good balance.

Joel_Joe_Caleb_hats_off_8-03_72dpi.jpg

OT 2 - it is incredibly hard reading posts which are so far removed from basic grammar and sentence structure. I know that there are some gems buried within, but capital letters and punctuation really help when trying to get those gems accross. Not a criticism, just a request. Thanks.

Hello. hi.gif

Blue = User

Red = Moderator or Arch

I'm guessing that his title, Young Collector, has something to do with it. I don't think I've ever seen that designation before, so maybe if you're under 16 you get that title and colour.

I thought the same thing = Minor

But I think some of the other posters here have been under 18.

Do they lie about their age when they sign up?

Hello. hi.gif

Blue = User

Red = Moderator or Arch

I thought the same thing = Minor

But I think some of the other posters here have been under 18.

Do they lie about their age when they sign up?

We all know you're really 83 poke2.gif

• Administrator

I do it when I notice. It's not an automated process, and I only do it when I feel some degree of confidence that the person actually IS young as opposed to some shill wasting my time attempting to create a persona.

Disagreements on the net can get rough and I think it's important for adults... when they're not acting like adults... to understand that they're talking to a minor so they can re-think their overly aggressive stance.

It's funny how it can seem perfectly reasonable and "mature" to someone to fire off some pretty aggressive words over a disagreement, but then you realize that you're talking to a 14 year old and you suddenly feel very silly for taking it all so seriously and letting yourself get out of hand.

Can i get a tartan name? To remind people when they shout at me that I'm Scottish and scary? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
The very name Kiltman is enough to frighten grown men. But your title should be, "Don't make me raise this Kilt." 27_laughing.gif

Can i get a tartan name? To remind people when they shout at me that I'm Scottish and scary? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
The very name Kiltman is enough to frighten grown men. But your title should be, "Don't make me raise this Kilt." 27_laughing.gif
27_laughing.giftakeit.gif

lol he changed my name and color! Anyways..

Turning 16 next month, not 14 wink.gif

But BESIDES that, sorry if I said anything bad about moderators - you're right, I don't know what they do so I shouldn't judge them.

Oh and I was wrong about the prices and such Krazy, it was $300 for one, $260 for another? And the artist is Ed Benes. And no, I don't like Marvel - unfortunately frown.gif

Anyways, their is an extreamly slight chance I may receive the money back. You see, the false claim he made was that someone hacked into his account and payed via unauthorized funds, which is a full-on lie. IF Paypal finds out he was lying they will re-inverse me the money, according to them it's still under investigation. I asked them how they would go by doing that and they said they couldn't say because it's 'confidential -_-'. Even though, my account shows up as -810 US *even though I already spent it* and I can't withdraw the money I actually have, etc. Anyways, the only way to get out of it would to be to cancel the visa, cancel my paypal, and start all over again.. I'm not sure if I should do this or wait for the outcome and rely on prayer.

Anyways, I'm really hoping it all goes out well, otherwise I'll be paying that back for quite a while! I'll have to stick with the comics of mine I havn't read instead of buying the new ones and the issues of the ongoing series I'm reading :S

YOU ! Dont know the half of it !

KK

Baaaaaaaaaaaaa

Okay, so let me get this straight. You're supposedly the owner of a big honkin' OA collection with tainted origins. You like OA. It rocks. Better than comics.

That's been about it for your first 1,000 posts.

um....boring.

screwy.gif