• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Cover question

5 posts in this topic

First, hello to all, I'm a first-time poster. I have a small collection of comics I've had since I was a kid and now I'm thinking of submitting a few of them to CGC. One I'm debating is Captain America #117 (first Falcon) with a double cover. The outside is probably fine with the inside cover VF to NM. Any thoughts?

On 12/29/2020 at 9:59 AM, DeeCee56 said:

First, hello to all, I'm a first-time poster. I have a small collection of comics I've had since I was a kid and now I'm thinking of submitting a few of them to CGC. One I'm debating is Captain America #117 (first Falcon) with a double cover. The outside is probably fine with the inside cover VF to NM. Any thoughts?

Welcome, there are collectors who seek out double covers and that's a good one to slab regardless.

You can post pics/scans on the 'spare a grade' forum to get grade estimates from members.

Depending on what else you own you may want to submit other worthwhile candidates to spread out shipping costs (esp if they're in the same submission tier)

On 12/29/2020 at 9:59 AM, DeeCee56 said:

Definitely a cool one to have a double cover on. As mentioned, post pics in the grading forum for grade guestimates from fellow collectors. Personally, I like looking at my double covers but I know lots of people like to slab em especially for resale.