• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the accurate turn around times?

8 posts in this topic

Don't mean to be so person_without_enough_empathyy, but need I to rely on turnaround times to be somewhat accurate. Display maximum turnaround instead of minimum. Dropped $800 on 2 day, still hasn't been shipped back to me. Got a generic email with "times aren't guaranteed". The entire concept of paying more is to get it done faster? Going on 4 days, 3 if closed new years eve. At this point feel like I got suckered. Can we get accurate turn around times so I'm not blowing chunks of money? Bulk or Economy being a little late is one thing as the value is significantly lower, but when you're shoveling money into a premium service and it isnt being completed its frustrating. If I didn't need it as fast as possible I would go 10 day and save myself the money. Making it impossible to time submissions so that one gives me a few days to sell to fund the next round as it arrives at your location. Going to have to fund the next submission out of pocket since it arrived at your location today and my others are so delayed. Information such as the turnaround times accuracy is paramount to some of us. Thanks.

To give an example of where I'm coming from. It's less about it being 3-4 days, and more about the inaccurate times and the up front billing. I'll have 4 total submissions in at once, with all of the money going one way. Having 4 outstanding orders at one time is a big hit to the pocket. If the orders weren't billed until graded it would help tremendously so that it wasn't so much out of pocket and the faster service cards could be paid for and sold before the others finished. I understand that billing is different between each business as SGC bills upfront as well. I'm simply not made out of money, have close to a thousand+ cards I'm trying to have graded and need the communication and reliability to come up with the best possible plan to get this done.

Literally as soon as I post this, it changes and is finished. Point remains the same though. Not getting accurate turn around times is frustrating.

Also, one of the Kabutops I sent in was Spanish, but when I view grades it says they're both English 🤔

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

• Administrator

Hello,

I see these cards as being received on 12/29 at 4PM and the label was printed yesterday evening (the day it should have shipped) as we were off Friday for the holiday. It missed yesterday's FedEx pickup, but should go out today. I got the Kabutops pulled and it will be fixed and rejoin the rest of the cards getting picked up today. 

Thank you,

Paul

23 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Don't mean to be so person_without_enough_empathyy, but need I to rely on turnaround times to be somewhat accurate. Display maximum turnaround instead of minimum. Dropped $800 on 2 day, still hasn't been shipped back to me. Got a generic email with "times aren't guaranteed". The entire concept of paying more is to get it done faster? Going on 4 days, 3 if closed new years eve. At this point feel like I got suckered. Can we get accurate turn around times so I'm not blowing chunks of money? Bulk or Economy being a little late is one thing as the value is significantly lower, but when you're shoveling money into a premium service and it isnt being completed its frustrating. If I didn't need it as fast as possible I would go 10 day and save myself the money. Making it impossible to time submissions so that one gives me a few days to sell to fund the next round as it arrives at your location. Going to have to fund the next submission out of pocket since it arrived at your location today and my others are so delayed. Information such as the turnaround times accuracy is paramount to some of us. Thanks.

To give an example of where I'm coming from. It's less about it being 3-4 days, and more about the inaccurate times and the up front billing. I'll have 4 total submissions in at once, with all of the money going one way. Having 4 outstanding orders at one time is a big hit to the pocket. If the orders weren't billed until graded it would help tremendously so that it wasn't so much out of pocket and the faster service cards could be paid for and sold before the others finished. I understand that billing is different between each business as SGC bills upfront as well. I'm simply not made out of money, have close to a thousand+ cards I'm trying to have graded and need the communication and reliability to come up with the best possible plan to get this done.

Literally as soon as I post this, it changes and is finished. Point remains the same though. Not getting accurate turn around times is frustrating.

Also, one of the Kabutops I sent in was Spanish, but when I view grades it says they're both English 🤔

Dont feel bad, i know your pain of having paid services , not finishing.  I had about $5000 in submissions paid for.  Then CGC changed it to 60 days.  1/2 are coming back. but the other half is still going thru the process.  EVEN FROM OCT. WELL OVER 30 DAYS TURNAROUND.

22 hours ago, alohaboyz said:

On 1/5/2021 at 3:02 PM, PaulS. said:

Hello,

I see these cards as being received on 12/29 at 4PM and the label was printed yesterday evening (the day it should have shipped) as we were off Friday for the holiday. It missed yesterday's FedEx pickup, but should go out today. I got the Kabutops pulled and it will be fixed and rejoin the rest of the cards getting picked up today. 

Thank you,

Paul

Has there ever been a consideration of taking the PSA approach and billing at time of service instead upfront? Especially on bulk/economy orders, that ties up a lot of money for a long time. It greatly stymies the ability to send in a lot of cards, and creates this guessing game of trying to get the heavens to align with shipping, turnaround time, and everything in between.

I don’t know how turnaround time is stated as approximate and then jumps from 45 days to 108 days.  That is quite a jump to be considered approximate while still charging customers the same price.  
45 days to 108 days means a lot of things:

Bad estimation or deception to gain submissions.

Another thing to note is that Express and Standard submission seems to not get affected negatively while bulk and economy submissions seem to be in PSA mode.  To me the story is, hey let’s keep the higher paying customers happy and get their orders out while leaving the bulk and economy customers in limbo.  Come on CGC, you have a golden opportunity, why the sudden collapse?

• Administrator
On 3/12/2021 at 3:57 PM, Heroic said:

I don’t know how turnaround time is stated as approximate and then jumps from 45 days to 108 days.  That is quite a jump to be considered approximate while still charging customers the same price.  
45 days to 108 days means a lot of things:

Bad estimation or deception to gain submissions.

Another thing to note is that Express and Standard submission seems to not get affected negatively while bulk and economy submissions seem to be in PSA mode.  To me the story is, hey let’s keep the higher paying customers happy and get their orders out while leaving the bulk and economy customers in limbo.  Come on CGC, you have a golden opportunity, why the sudden collapse?

Please read the article.

• Administrator
On 1/6/2021 at 4:46 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Has there ever been a consideration of taking the PSA approach and billing at time of service instead upfront? Especially on bulk/economy orders, that ties up a lot of money for a long time. It greatly stymies the ability to send in a lot of cards, and creates this guessing game of trying to get the heavens to align with shipping, turnaround time, and everything in between.

We changed that last month. You are no longer charged until your cards go to grading.

Paul