• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My experience with fractional ownership of comics: JIM #83 / $215,000
3 3

444 posts in this topic

Just now, Angel of Death said:

What's your problem?

What's your goal?  You posted a graphic to make fun of me.  It didn't work.  So you posted others including one calling me a "donkey".

...and don't like it that I responded? (shrug)

Just now, valiantman said:

What's your goal?  You posted a graphic to make fun of me.  It didn't work.  So you posted others including one calling me a "donkey".

Um... What...? How the Hel did you infer that I was 'trying to make fun of you'...?

Jesus Christ. There's no need to be this hostile.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:
2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Um... What...? How the Hel did you infer that I was 'trying to make fun of you'...?

Jesus Christ. There's no need to be this hostile.

You quoted me.  You posted a GIF that was broken, but clearly came from a movie where all of the characters are various shades of "mentally challenged".  How the Hel do I infer that you're my best friend and we should high-five over chocolate pie slices and cream sodas?

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

You posted a GIF that was broken, but clearly came from a movie where all of the characters are various shades of "mentally challenged".

:facepalm: You're just looking for a fight. Go away.

Then, you said that I don't have a PC sufficient to handle your brilliant use of copy-and-paste from Google, which has images from OTHER websites, which would be a copy-of-a-copy to attempt to post on this messageboard.  It does work sometimes, it doesn't work other times... but it's MY fault when one of yours is broken.

Then, the next graphic said "donkey" and all of them quote me.

Yes, I'm the one who is forcing this onto you.

Just now, valiantman said:

Then, you said that I don't have a PC sufficient to handle your brilliant use of copy-and-paste from Google, which has images from OTHER websites, which would be a copy-of-a-copy to attempt to post on this messageboard.  It does work sometimes, it doesn't work other times... but it's MY fault when one of yours is broken.

Then, the next graphic said "donkey" and all of them quote me.

Yes, I'm the one who is forcing this onto you.

I think that it would serve you best to back up and take a breath.

1 minute ago, ThothAmon said:

I recently had a Montreal smoked meat pie.  Very tasty. 

Ooh!Like a Frito pie style?Sounds good..or more like traditional tortierre,meat pie?Anyways,I hope pickles and mustard were involved,at least on the side.Now I wanna look up if there's such thing as caraway rye pie crust...

I think that it would serve you best to back up and take a breath.

I know what I'm doing in this topic.  I've been here for 21 pages and provided the majority of the content and interaction.  What are you doing here, besides copy-and-paste from Google, and how does it fit with your goals in life?

Play nice. It’s an interesting topic. As far as investments go, I am certain with the amount of knowledge Valiantman has about comics he would outperform his returns with rally rd by buying/selling comics he holds himself.  Other investment classes that he lacks such expertise in, if any exist, rally road might make more sense.  

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I know what I'm doing in this topic.  I've been here for 21 pages and provided the majority of the content and interaction.  What are you doing here, besides copy-and-paste from Google, and how does it fit with your goals in life?

If you believe so. (thumbsu

Just now, ThothAmon said:

Play nice. It’s an interesting topic. As far as investments go, I am certain with the amount of knowledge Valiantman has about comics he would outperform his returns with rally rd by buying/selling comics he holds himself.  Other investment classes that he lacks such expertise in, if any exist, rally road might make more sense.  

Correct, I've shown the photo of one row of slabs that I own.  Let's say there are 600 slabs visible and they are worth $50 each.  That's $30,000.  Shall I sell all $30,000 worth to buy a single key issue?  No.  But I would happily put $50 into a $30,000 comic rather than buy a 601st slab for $50.  It's all about what I want to do next.  This isn't an alternative to collecting comics from scratch.  RallyRd might be the first comic book "investment" for someone, but it's more likely that they'll get suckered into a $50 variant of some comic that they're slightly interested in the character but know nothing about the dismal history of variants over the past 30 years.  Those people might be better off with RallyRd than what they're currently getting.  On the other hand, as my X-Men #1 example shows... if you own a low grade X-Men #1 and would like to "upgrade" for less than $1,000... there's something between the "sorry" and the "just raise $10,000" that we've been given as the only two options up to now.

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

If you believe so. (thumbsu

lol

Should I spend some time later reviewing your specific contributions in this topic about fractional ownership of comics, or should I cut out the middle man and just open Google, search "random image", and see what pops up?