• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you have to submit a 50 card minimum?

6 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm sure this has been answered, but I can't find it when searching. I have tons of cards, but I don't have enough valued over $100 to do a 50 minimum card submission on those. And yes, I realize I can put whatever value I want on the cards...but if something were to happen to them, I'd be screwed out of some money. 

So, do I have to submit a 50 card minimum? 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, BrittAspinwall said:

Hello! I'm sure this has been answered, but I can't find it when searching. I have tons of cards, but I don't have enough valued over $100 to do a 50 minimum card submission on those. And yes, I realize I can put whatever value I want on the cards...but if something were to happen to them, I'd be screwed out of some money. 

So, do I have to submit a 50 card minimum? 

You are mis-interpreting the submission rules.

Bulk submissions, which are $8 per card, have a max value per card of $100. You can not submit cards worth more than $100 on bulk. You must also submit at least 50 cards for a bulk submission.

You can of course instead use Economy, which has a max value of $400 per card, and has a grading fee of $15 per card. You can submit 1 card or 100.

Paul

• Administrator
On 1/30/2021 at 11:20 PM, Highstakes825 said:

I’m still a little confused. I don’t understand the max value part. Are they talking about the value of the card? How is there a value on the card when it hasn’t been graded? Sorry this might sound dumb. 

Yes, cards still have values even though they aren't graded. I suggest you check eBay sales. The value should be your insurance value. 

Paul

On 1/30/2021 at 10:20 PM, Highstakes825 said:

I’m still a little confused. I don’t understand the max value part. Are they talking about the value of the card? How is there a value on the card when it hasn’t been graded? Sorry this might sound dumb. 

Say you bought a card for $30 raw, but you think it is a gem mint card and a CGC 9.5 sells for $150. Ultimately, you can put $30 since that is what you paid for it, but do you want it insured for more than that? I personally would, but that is up to you.

It is self-reported and CGC likely lacks the time to nitpick a $150 card sent in through bulk, so unless you're sending in a 1st edition vintage holo or a brand new shiny Charizard V, you can likely send it in through bulk. But beware that if something should happen you will only be insured for your declared value of the card.

Paul can correct me if I'm wrong of course :)