• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not charging until grading now, saw in the email.
1 1

61 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Kiramouse said:

also increasing prices across the board, I must be an outlier in preferring things to be charged sooner than later. 

I don't like it, because it forces me to either tie up a lot of money and get the bulk going or send express/walkthrough in and wait even longer to get the bulk in. This way, I can send bulk submission, and walkthrough, sell walkthroughs have money in my pocket and still pay for bulk down the line when it's ready.

They are already expensive, and getting more pricey. They raised sub grades another 3 dollar per cards. And added 5 extra business days to go with the turnaround time. Then they gonna say the 5 days is estimated and add extra time on that.smh they need to stop the bs and start living up to what they do. Dont charge more and still do a bad job about turnaround times. Fix the issues before raising prices. You are jus gonna push us away from yall to another company

3 hours ago, OddBox said:

Unfortunately price increases are going to be needed across the board from graders. It’s unavoidable, there are so many people grading their cards and without price increases the only thing that will happen is 1 year turnaround times. Its better they are doing this early. 

That's not what's happening at all psa/bgs did the same and they're still 6-9 month turnaround. It doesn't dissuade people from submitting cards only digs into the profit of bulk resellers while draining collectors further and ultimately lowers the value gained by grading cards.

I think the price increases and wait times are rather sad. I understand they are getting busy nowadays but increasing the prices will push many people away. This was the one company we were hoping not to see that from. Two price increases within 8 months. (What is the point in using the newer company now?) You are charging more than BGS for sub grades in bulk (9 + 7 = 16) that is absolutely bonkers. Some people also like getting charged instant so they don't have to magically hope theirs money still in their account.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

8 hours ago, OddBox said:

Unfortunately price increases are going to be needed across the board from graders. It’s unavoidable, there are so many people grading their cards and without price increases the only thing that will happen is 1 year turnaround times. Its better they are doing this early. 

Increased prices for graded cards being sold will no doubt factor into the final equation. Sellers will want to charge a little more because of the elevated grading cost and buyers will ultimately end up paying more.

4 hours ago, Acegraphix said:

Increased prices for graded cards being sold will no doubt factor into the final equation. Sellers will want to charge a little more because of the elevated grading cost and buyers will ultimately end up paying more.

I agree, just have to charge a little more to compensate for the higher grading fees. I think BGS still charges 50 but the turn around on walkthrough is 3 weeks or something like that. It might deter people sending WK cards in that aren't worth it, which in turn will keep the turnaround time reasonable.

Like the saying goes in construction you can't have cheap, fast, and good. Only two of the three ever apply. Fast and good won't be cheap, fast and cheap won't be good, good and cheap won't be fast.

14 hours ago, Sp33dy said:

They are already expensive, and getting more pricey. They raised sub grades another 3 dollar per cards. And added 5 extra business days to go with the turnaround time. Then they gonna say the 5 days is estimated and add extra time on that.smh they need to stop the bs and start living up to what they do. Dont charge more and still do a bad job about turnaround times. Fix the issues before raising prices. You are jus gonna push us away from yall to another company

More submissions = more graders, which means that they need more $$$$$ to keep turnaround times relatively close to what they are now.

If you have more submissions but no more money coming in, then that means no extra graders or employees, which means that TATs will skyrocket.

4 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

More submissions = more graders, which means that they need more $$$$$ to keep turnaround times relatively close to what they are now.

If you have more submissions but no more money coming in, then that means no extra graders or employees, which means that TATs will skyrocket.

Um I'm sorry but I don't think u thought this thru. They make alot on submissions. So if they have more submissions that means they have money coming nonstop. They need to hire and keep turnaround times down before they lose their customers. Right now I'm not sending anymore of my cards because they haven't hit a turnaround time on any of my orders and they messed up on 2 orders. Now their turnaround times is messed up and who knows when ill get my bulk order back because they are still doing orders from November which is ridiculous. They turned into psa, which what they did was say freeze anyone's order that isn't express.which is a horrible business method. Raising prices when they can't get stuff under control= bad customer service.  Raising prices isn't gonna help them its gonna push us away

11 hours ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I think the price increases and wait times are rather sad. I understand they are getting busy nowadays but increasing the prices will push many people away. This was the one company we were hoping not to see that from. Two price increases within 8 months. (What is the point in using the newer company now?) You are charging more than BGS for sub grades in bulk (9 + 7 = 16) that is absolutely bonkers. Some people also like getting charged instant so they don't have to magically hope theirs money still in their account.

They are not affordable anymore, unless they raise the bulk limit price to somewhere around 200$ limit. If not its gonna hurt using subgrades for bulk orders. They are trying to take more money from us and saying it will help with turnaround times. Which is false, they should've resolved the issue to have us feel better and then raise prices. Cause at least then we will be happy that at least our cards will get back to us on time. Not double the turnaround time and say who knows when u will get ur card back and we gonna charge u more for a worse customer service 

11 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Um I'm sorry but I don't think u thought this thru. They make alot on submissions. So if they have more submissions that means they have money coming nonstop. They need to hire and keep turnaround times down before they lose their customers. Right now I'm not sending anymore of my cards because they haven't hit a turnaround time on any of my orders and they messed up on 2 orders. Now their turnaround times is messed up and who knows when ill get my bulk order back because they are still doing orders from November which is ridiculous. They turned into psa, which what they did was say freeze anyone's order that isn't express.which is a horrible business method. Raising prices when they can't get stuff under control= bad customer service.  Raising prices isn't gonna help them its gonna push us away

I'm sorry, but I don't think that you thought this through. More demand = more employees required to keep TATs relatively similar. There is no circumstance in which an unlimited demand can be met. If people continue to flood the gates, then they have to raise costs, because they have to hire more people or TATs will be forever.

Just now, Angel of Death said:

I'm sorry, but I don't think that you thought this through. More demand = more employees required to keep TATs relatively similar. There is no circumstance in which an unlimited demand can be met. If people continue to flood the gates, then they have to raise costs, because they have to hire more people or TATs will be forever.

They are still charging per order. Orders that cost thousands, they have the capital and are not fixing the problem. U can't reward them with more money without it being resolved first. Look at psa and bgs. They raised prices and turnaround got worse. U have to fix the problem then raise prices. U can't raise prices and then ask for forgiveness later

Just now, Sp33dy said:

They are still charging per order. Orders that cost thousands, they have the capital and are not fixing the problem. U can't reward them with more money without it being resolved first. Look at psa and bgs. They raised prices and turnaround got worse. U have to fix the problem then raise prices. U can't raise prices and then ask for forgiveness later

Well they can, and they did, so...

I think you're looking at this as some sort of 'magical' immediate solution. Not all solutions are immediate. On-boarding and implementations take time.