• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM (low grade) Hulk 181 - Updated with grade
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Yes, it's worth grading. And you might be surprised at what a press can do. I had Strange Tales 113-116, all with massive water rippling. I'd call them 1.5's. Sent them to CFP for pressing and they came back looking more like 3.0-3.5. That's a big jump on this book. JMHO. 

25 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Yes, it's worth grading. And you might be surprised at what a press can do. I had Strange Tales 113-116, all with massive water rippling. I'd call them 1.5's. Sent them to CFP for pressing and they came back looking more like 3.0-3.5. That's a big jump on this book. JMHO. 

Thanks I appreciate the info 🙏 

That water damage seems way too extensive to hope for something near 4.0. A press would help the book look much more presentable, sure. It'd be a great copy to have as a reader, but I get you gotta slab it to get the most out of your money/time if you are planning to sell. I say it is a 2.0/2.5 at best due to the massive amount of water damage. But it's complete and looks really good despite that, nice book!

Press that bad boy and definitely get it graded👍. It's most likely gonna be a 2.0 but who knows you might get lucky and get a 2.5. Yeah its water damaged but the spine actually looks pretty good and the cover still has great colors and will look great in a case.

4 hours ago, speedcake said:

That water damage seems way too extensive to hope for something near 4.0. A press would help the book look much more presentable, sure. It'd be a great copy to have as a reader, but I get you gotta slab it to get the most out of your money/time if you are planning to sell. I say it is a 2.0/2.5 at best due to the massive amount of water damage. But it's complete and looks really good despite that, nice book!

+1