• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Buyers be Laughing or Crying?

14 posts in this topic

well, other than a few of the lots, it's not like anyone is paying much for these books

Sure, but there is still plenty of time left and I smell "newbie speculators" reading NM to M and getting reamed. 27_laughing.gif

I asked for better pictures. The books are mid grade. PASS!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! BA Marvel Horror! I'd pay cheap bucks to have a full set reading copy. It's hard to read mine through the plastic. Problem is--they are already out of my range. Yet I put up nice clear pics of a dozen Phantom Strangers and they go for $6. Apparently, I need to change my strategy to vague listings and blurry pictures.

Yet I put up nice clear pics of a dozen Phantom Strangers and they go for $6. Apparently, I need to change my strategy to vague listings and blurry pictures.

I only noticed those auctions AFTER they ended. Did you post the link on here?

Hey! BA Marvel Horror! I'd pay cheap bucks to have a full set reading copy. It's hard to read mine through the plastic. Problem is--they are already out of my range. Yet I put up nice clear pics of a dozen Phantom Strangers and they go for $6. Apparently, I need to change my strategy to vague listings and blurry pictures.

Ya'know...I think it's really a quirky thing...if you put up clear scans that a potential buyer knows, right off the bat, that a book is exactly what appears to be...whether HG or not...then bidders will bid accordingly...

Now ...with a blurry scan and a vague listing then a potential buyer get's a rush thinking..."Wow...these really could be HG books" ..and therefore bids under the presumption of getting some awesome books...

Weird... screwy.gif

Ya'know...I think it's really a quirky thing...if you put up clear scans that a potential buyer knows, right off the bat, that a book is exactly what appears to be...whether HG or not...then bidders will bid accordingly...

Now ...with a blurry scan and a vague listing then a potential buyer get's a rush thinking..."Wow...these really could be HG books" ..and therefore bids under the presumption of getting some awesome books...

Weird... screwy.gif

Yep...and [embarrassing lack of self control] to high hell when the comics come back in mid-grade...

Not that it's a problem...but some of the responsibility resides with the bidders with minty dreams who overpaid...

Jim

Yet I put up nice clear pics of a dozen Phantom Strangers and they go for $6. Apparently, I need to change my strategy to vague listings and blurry pictures.

I only noticed those auctions AFTER they ended. Did you post the link on here?

I always bump my MarketPlace thread every week I list something.... confused-smiley-013.gif