• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS Screening Cost...?

7 posts in this topic

first time submitting and just determining if I want to get my books quick pressed. They are modern but feel why not.

"CCS offers a Screening service to determine whether your comic book is a suitable candidate for pressing, restoration or restoration removal. The screening fee is 1% of the fair market value ($10 minimum) of the comic at the time of screening."'

So the screening cost is a $10 minimum but a quick press is $8. Is this correct? I don't need restoration on the books, just curious if a press would help. Am I reading this right? is there a quick press screening option? can a quick press hurt a book at all if it doesn't need one?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a noob question :)

Edited by Ry1212

1 hour ago, Ry1212 said:

first time submitting and just determining if I want to get my books quick pressed. They are modern but feel why not.

"CCS offers a Screening service to determine whether your comic book is a suitable candidate for pressing, restoration or restoration removal. The screening fee is 1% of the fair market value ($10 minimum) of the comic at the time of screening."'

So the screening cost is a $10 minimum but a quick press is $8. Is this correct? I don't need restoration on the books, just curious if a press would help. Am I reading this right? is there a quick press screening option? can a quick press hurt a book at all if it doesn't need one?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a noob question :)

You understood it well. The Screening is usually meant for pricier books and older books (where a screening can be worthwhile), hence why in many instances you are indeed better off just doing a quick press. It doesn't really apply to moderns.

And a quick press would not hurt a book.

12 hours ago, William-James88 said:

You understood it well. The Screening is usually meant for pricier books and older books (where a screening can be worthwhile), hence why in many instances you are indeed better off just doing a quick press. It doesn't really apply to moderns.

And a quick press would not hurt a book.

(thumbsu

I bought an older book in a slab - ASM 16 - and it’s pretty badly rolled. It’s a 5.5, so not too bad otherwise. I’m considering getting it re-slabbed, and having it pressed. I get the sense that will help but would love input. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, TJMM said:

I bought an older book in a slab - ASM 16 - and it’s pretty badly rolled. It’s a 5.5, so not too bad otherwise. I’m considering getting it re-slabbed, and having it pressed. I get the sense that will help but would love input. Thanks.

A press might very well help.  You might want to post a pic of the book.