• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the deal with Web of Spider-man #8 values?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hey all,

can anyone out there clue me in on the spike into valuations for Web of Spider-man #8? The book has soared in value over the last 6/12 months but, as far as I know, it’s not a key issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Soared in value how so? There's over 30 copies on ebay right now, with about a dozen priced at $5 or under. Raw copies look to be selling in the $1-$10 range. I see a lot with crazy asking prices but that doesn't mean they are selling for those prices. Graded copy sales have been flat or dipping, except for a single $100 outlier 9.6 that sold last November. A 9.8 only hit $52 in January. It's entirely possible there's some recent spec bump I'm unaware of, but I'm not seeing any great rise in value.

1 hour ago, Nilo2 said:

Hey all,

can anyone out there clue me in on the spike into valuations for Web of Spider-man #8? The book has soared in value over the last 6/12 months but, as far as I know, it’s not a key issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

A unwise man once said "I can poop in a jar and put it on Ebay for $10000 and become rich because what you see is what it is worth"

In all seriousness, book has had few sales on eBay averaging $5 or so plus shipping. My guess at some of the inflated asking prices are that some are Canadian Price variants (a wave of bozos are trying to pump up prices on EVERY CPV) and it is a nice Vess cover. Plus, like anything at the moment, put a huge price on it and ya never know. Cards, pogs, crazy bones...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee its all worth a fortune weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

2 hours ago, Nilo2 said:

Hey all,

Thanks,

Assuming you mean the 9.8 values? I see recent sales for around $100 to $110, and now a 9.8 for ~$190 listed. (shrug)

Hi,

I was specifically reacting to the pricing for the book on GoCollect. They have it at $110 in 9.8. Also seeing a wacky spike in Web #18. GoCollect just placed a value of $800 on that book in 9.8. And $325 in 9.6!... Crazy IMHO. 

2 hours ago, Nilo2 said:

Hi,

I was specifically reacting to the pricing for the book on GoCollect. They have it at $110 in 9.8. Also seeing a wacky spike in Web #18. GoCollect just placed a value of $800 on that book in 9.8. And $325 in 9.6!... Crazy IMHO. 

One sale does not a trend make