• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950s war comics
6 6

205 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i have never owned this issue and this is the Mycomicshop stock photo

as you can tell by my user name i love 1950's war comics ,... i have most all of them..

In this thread we have been talking about violent and gruesome covers so i will let you all know that in my opinion THIS one -   G.I. Combat #1,  is THEE most gruesome war comic cover in the entire genre ... not only does it show the rare American soldier being killed. it also shows his brains flying out of his head after being struck by a headshot ... i consider this more graphic than the many burning alive covers out there and have never seen another issue this graphically violent

DC war comics are very tame and in the entire Our Army at War run there is only a couple issues that actually shows a soldier in the act of being shot (my avatar is one of them)

i know this issue is not DC but it turned into DC on issue #44

GI Combat #1

A lot of Farrell war books have US soldiers being killed.  GI in Battle 8 has one with a bleeding hole in his head IIRC.