• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ACTION COMICS #44 (Graded but Question)

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I got this Action Comics for $900 bucks about 2 years ago now for my 21st  birthday! I bought it as a 6.0 with a spine roll but then got it pressed and it came back 6.5. Should I crack it and have the name removed and if so would that make it come back a 7.0? A 2.0 sold for $698. Soo should I considering I am not losing any money if you think about it with the amounts the low grades sell for. Or don't mess with it. The name is starting to eat away at me.Screenshot_20210217-001120.thumb.png.360c8e84cde1e8d96d195fd3e40da09e.png

Screenshot_20210217-001759.png

It's a nice book. The kid who bought it and took care of it wrote his name on it. Either pride of ownership or a deterrent to some other kid swiping his book. It's part of the books provenance. The kid grew up, lived his life and likely passed away. Consider this:

I want to buy this piece below. Because it's a complete set. Just for laughs, I googled the kids name who it belonged to. Turns out I found out some stuff about her. Read about her life! She is just some random kid who enjoyed Superman. But coincidentally she did some stuff and was noteworthy enough to have some Google entries.

Comics - especially Golden Age books - are many times more valuable than just money.

https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems.asp%3Fid%3D13922&id=819001

Edited by Randall Ries

2 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

It's a nice book. The kid who bought it and took care of it wrote his name on it. Either pride of ownership or a deterrent to some other kid swiping his book. It's part of the books provenance. The kid grew up, lived his life and likely passed away. Consider this:

I want to buy this piece below. Because it's a complete set. Just for laughs, I googled the kids name who it belonged to. Turns out I found out some stuff about her. Read about her life! She is just some random kid who enjoyed Superman. But coincidentally she did some stuff and was noteworthy enough to have some Google entries.

Comics - especially Golden Age books - are many times more valuable than just money.

https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems.asp%3Fid%3D13922&id=819001

There are other Action Comics with his name on it. I was looking to buy the first prankster which also has his name in the same spot!

Fun tip !

It's fun to look up information about the person who once owned the book.  What became of them?  Where did they live?  Are they still living?