• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Avengers 1
2 2

21 posts in this topic

Just now, Angel of Death said:

I mean, a lot. I can't see it getting higher than a 1.8. I could see it getting lower, though.

Ok Thanks. To me I was thinking the front presented better than that.  It also has White Pages, which to me is rare in a low graded book.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

Ok Thanks. To me I was thinking the front presented better than that.  It also has White Pages, which to me is rare in a low graded book.

Well, yeah, the front definitely presents better than a 1.8. We can't just grade a comic book based on the front cover, though.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

cgc grades tight...1.5-1.8 would not surprise me structurally speaking..I'm hopeful the FC gives the grade a slight bump..

Just now, Funnybooks said:

cgc grades tight...1.5-1.8 would not surprise me structurally speaking..I'm hopeful the FC gives the grade a slight bump..

Yeah, I think that's probably what brought it up to a 2, that and the white pages.  I still think it is a very desirable book for the grade.

Without the piece missing, 4.0-4.5 potential. But that piece matters, regardless of where it is so 2.0 is where I would be....maybeee 2.5

Annnd I just realized the answer is given haha. This is a great low grade copy though and for a 2.0, is excellent even with the missing chunk. Def the kind of 2.0 I would want and would expect to get a premium as far as 2.0s are concerned. 

3 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Without the piece missing, 4.0-4.5 potential. But that piece matters, regardless of where it is so 2.0 is where I would be....maybeee 2.5

Annnd I just realized the answer is given haha. This is a great low grade copy though and for a 2.0, is excellent even with the missing chunk. Def the kind of 2.0 I would want and would expect to get a premium as far as 2.0s are concerned. 

I agree.  I think you would be hard pressed to find a 2.0 that presents much better than this one.