• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I get defrauded on ebay?
1 1

22 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Ok that's what I'll do.  Just wish I could leave feedback because the guy sold 14 preorders so he made a killing...

If everybody is charging it back, either through their credit card company or PayPal, he's certainly not making a killing.  He's making nothing.  Also, anyone who couldn't get it charged back is notifying eBay as a complaint.  Enough of those, and he won't be selling anything.

If he had a good track record, and then this happened, it would be interesting to find out why.

For feedback, the window is 60 days.  You were trying to have eBay help you get your money back, and that is a 90 day thing.  Two separate clocks ticking.

The moral of the story is to only pre-order from large, stable companies that can't afford any kind of a scandal that would affect their future operation.

Edited by Lightning55

Yeah, credit card customer service can depend on which card you have, or which rep you're speaking to.

I will always recommend AmEx's business. They typically outsource their customer service, but they're ridiculously knowledgeable and helpful. Visa Signature was great, too.