• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting an Autographed Book
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a signed book with a COA.  I did not have it signed in the presence of a CGC official.  I'd like to submit it for Universal grading.  Will the signature detract from the grade?  Is there anything special I have to do to notify the grader?  Any other guidance is appreciated. 

Apologies if this has already been discussed here.  Just joined.  :/

Thanks for your time

Alec

On 2/22/2021 at 1:13 PM, Elroy Jetson said:

I have a signed book with a COA.  I did not have it signed in the presence of a CGC official.  I'd like to submit it for Universal grading.  Will the signature detract from the grade?  Is there anything special I have to do to notify the grader?  Any other guidance is appreciated. 

Thanks for your time

Alec

A common, but very reasonable question.  

the answer is.... it depends on the size and placement (and possibly neatness) of the signature, as well as the grade of the book independent of the signature.  The fastest way to get some guidance would be to post a picture of the book here.

you should absolutely make an extra note when filling out your forms that you want it graded universal, and probably an extra note along with the actual book.

good luck

On 2/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, Elroy Jetson said:

Thanks for your time

Alec

Yes, and you will have to specifically request a Universal label.