• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA 32 Index

19 posts in this topic

I have a task I'm trying to complete that I figure I'd run past the good people here on the CGC forum. I'm looking for 32 SA comics to track for an index. I'd like those books to fall between Showcase 4 and before Conan 1.The books would need to be traded or sold at least once per month. I would love to hear opinions on what should go, what should stay and what should be added. So far my list looks like the following..

Action Comics 252

Adventure Comics 247

Amazing Fantasy 15

Amazing Spider-Man 1

Amazing Spider-Man 14

Amazing Spider-Man 50

Avengers 1

Avengers 4

Brave and the Bold 28

Brave and the Bold 54

Captain America 100

Daredevil 1

Fantastic Four 1

Fantastic Four 4

Fantastic Four 5

Fantastic Four 48

Flash 105

Flash 110

Flash 123

Green Lantern 1

Hulk 1

Journey Into Mystey 83

Justic League 21

Our Army at War 83

Showcase 4

Showcase 22

Strange Tales 101

Strange Tales 110

Strange Tales 135

Tales of Suspense 39

Tales to Astonish 27

X-Men 1

I would be surpirsed to hear that books like Adventure 247 and Our Army at War 83 were trading publicly at least once per month.

Your absolutely right. I'll check out how often these are traded on the gpa anylasis. If they aren't traded at least once a month (although skipping a month every once in awhile isn't bad) then they need to go.

I have a good knowledge of the Marvel books. They are all key books, no question about that. I have been tracking a few of them on Ebay over the past year or so and I would expect that each of the issues you list changes hands at least once a month. I can't really comment on the D.C.'s.

I have a good knowledge of the Marvel books. They are all key books, no question about that. I have been tracking a few of them on Ebay over the past year or so and I would expect that each of the issues you list changes hands at least once a month. I can't really comment on the D.C.'s.

Hood to know. I guess yet another reason to not collect thsoe pesty DC books. poke2.gif

Hood to know. I guess yet another reason to not collect thsoe pesty DC books. poke2.gif

i'd venture to say that NONE of those DC's gets a recorded sale every month. the B&B # 54 might be the most active of the bunch (being the newest of the DC's).

I would probably eliminate Captain America #100. I say that simply because, why pick Cap #100 when you could easily pick Iron-Man #1, Hulk #102, Sub-Mariner #100, Nick Fury #1, Silver Surfer #1, etc. all part of the Marvel relaunch.

Possible Marvel additions would be:

FF #52

X-Men #4

JIM #85

all which introduce new characters to the Marvel Universe and sell for well over what Cap #100 does in the same grade.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FF #52

X-Men #4

JIM #85

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had to look every single one of these up to see what the significance was.

Then you need to brush up on 1st appearances of characters and villians. blush.gif

Probably TOS #52 or #57 would be worthy also. And maybe TTA #44 (an original member of the Avengers).

Actually, I need to brush up on 1st appearances of Marvel characters and villians. That said, my lack of knowledge may well negate them as contenders. I was an avid Marvel fan for a long time and own all nearly all the Masterworks, but I couldn't peg them. All the other suggestions so far I've known.

I was not sure if you really meant JLA 21. If you did then I would add JLA # 1

I know that my opinion is slightly biased since I have always been a DC fan, but I think that there could be a few more on the list. I am not sure which of the following might trade monthly but

Lois Lane # 1

Jimmy Olsen # 1

Showcase 8

Showcase 9

Quote:

FF #52

X-Men #4

JIM #85

I just had to look every single one of these up to see what the significance was.

Then you need to brush up on 1st appearances of characters and villians. blush.gif

Probably TOS #52 or #57 would be worthy also. And maybe TTA #44 (an original member of the Avengers).

Here comes Steve with his TOS/TTA bias again. grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

FF #52

X-Men #4

JIM #85

Then you need to brush up on 1st appearances of characters and villians.

Here comes Steve with his TOS/TTA bias again.

Ya got me. tongue.gif

Actually, I would probably add ASM #3 to the list before any other TOS'/TTA since I consider him to be one of the top five villians.