• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What movie based "key" are you most annoyed by?

153 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

The specs are gonna launch this into the atmosphere :popcorn:

You know what?in a weird way it helps collectors real old key issue are a little more shone upon ,people are chasing their tails with modern age and comics that people didnt really liked,just because its a first appearance or a cover swipe?that west coast cover swipe creeps me out, i wouldnt give 10 bucks for it !let the m'adresser continue we can sell those garage and buy real key issue that we really like,good news right ?(thumbsu

Thank god that there all paying that much for west coast avengers at least now they might run out of money and I can upgrade some books without having to have the hassle of having people who have no clue going up ridiculous prices on books that they only want because a movie might send it’s price up a bit more 

1 hour ago, Tghutcn said:

Thank god that there all paying that much for west coast avengers at least now they might run out of money and I can upgrade some books without having to have the hassle of having people who have no clue going up ridiculous prices on books that they only want because a movie might send it’s price up a bit more 

Well if they are going to buy why not the first american kaiju....i really want to get rid of this book......:cry:

s-l400.jpg

4b8aa3ca6d9c09bf24f8edf8754aefcadbced47a_hq.jpg

7 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

TOD 10 is def unfortunate that it's starting to skyrocket (I am looking at upgrading mine) , but I do think Blade is a legitimate enough character that I'm not annoyed by it. It's insane to think just about 3 years ago I bought the full TOD run for only $400, including #10.

TOD in general is taking off, even common issues. I don't think that's all spec, I think Marvel's horror stuff is generating fan interest for some reason. I am trying to complete a WWBN run and even the issues that have nothing to do with Moon Knight or Dracula seem to be ticking up.

I'd kill to get TOD 10 alone for $400 in good shape. I really do think Blade is going to be huge in the MCU. I think he'll be one of the biggest characters in their R-rated space.

Another book I don’t understand going up so much is avengers 186 I traded for a stack of comics with it in and reality it’s only worth $3 at most in my opinion it’s a good story but not the first of a major villain but because one guy had a stupid theory let’s all go rush out to pay ridiculous prices for it I mean where’s the logic why not post a video and just say the Great Lake avengers are going to be next in the mcu 

On 3/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, Spidey 62 said:

Are there examples of recent books that have blown up that then crash all the way back?  Or don't most of them find a longterm bump? 

SIXTH GUN!!

6 minutes ago, Tghutcn said:

Another book I don’t understand going up so much is avengers 186 I traded for a stack of comics with it in and reality it’s only worth $3 at most in my opinion it’s a good story but not the first of a major villain but because one guy had a stupid theory let’s all go rush out to pay ridiculous prices for it I mean where’s the logic why not post a video and just say the Great Lake avengers are going to be next in the mcu 

Scarlet Witch DOES look great on that cover. When it's a $3 book again I might buy a copy or three :x

Edited by BoogieWoogie

17 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

TOD 10 is def unfortunate that it's starting to skyrocket (I am looking at upgrading mine) , but I do think Blade is a legitimate enough character that I'm not annoyed by it. It's insane to think just about 3 years ago I bought the full TOD run for only $400, including #10.

Skyrocketing?

Its 33 - 50% lower than GPA highs from last year!

9.4 high - $4000 - last sale $2199

9.6 high - $6200 - last sale $4650

9.8 high - $15,000 - last sale $11,500

I'd hate to see your definition of a crash!

:foryou:

4 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Scarlet Witch DOES look great on that cover. When it's a $3 book again I might buy a copy or three :x

Should be hopefully dropping soon in price always loved the Byrne cover then again I was always biased cause his brilliant xmen run with Claremont 

18 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

TOD in general is taking off, even common issues. I don't think that's all spec, I think Marvel's horror stuff is generating fan interest for some reason. I am trying to complete a WWBN run and even the issues that have nothing to do with Moon Knight or Dracula seem to be ticking up.

I'd kill to get TOD 10 alone for $400 in good shape. I really do think Blade is going to be huge in the MCU. I think he'll be one of the biggest characters in their R-rated space.

Except Marvel have already said it's going to be a PG-13 release.

I agree - stupid. Blade should be R

2 minutes ago, Tghutcn said:

Should be hopefully dropping soon in price always loved the Byrne cover then again I was always biased cause his brilliant xmen run with Claremont 

I agree for the byrne and claremont but dont forget terry austin they were a terrible trio like Adam giordano and oneil.the perfect combination(thumbsu

8 minutes ago, Beige said:

Skyrocketing?

Its 33 - 50% lower than GPA highs from last year!

9.4 high - $4000 - last sale $2199

9.6 high - $6200 - last sale $4650

9.8 high - $15,000 - last sale $11,500

I'd hate to see your definition of a crash!

:foryou:

interesting data . I m not surprised comparing last year (when the hardcore spec started) to 2 months into this year. I'm talking longer term.  But I wasn't excluding last year from the big price spike. A couple years ago I regularly passed on tod 10 for a third of what it goes for currently.

9 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

interesting data . I m not surprised comparing last year (when the hardcore spec started) to 2 months into this year. I'm talking longer term.  But I wasn't excluding last year from the big price spike. A couple years ago I regularly passed on tod 10 for a third of what it goes for currently.

That's a shockingly bad set of decisions based on what you have just written.

A 9.4 TOD #10 for $700  (1/3 of $2100) - and you passed?

I find that pretty hard to believe tbh.

2017 lowest 9.4 was $1033

2018 lowest 9.4 was $1076

I have no idea why you would leave an easy 35% profit on the table?

Any reason?

21 minutes ago, Beige said:

Except Marvel have already said it's going to be a PG-13 release.

I agree - stupid. Blade should be R

Yes, for the film starring Blade but I feel like he'll show up in the Hulu horror stuff which is where they want to do R-level content I think. Blade fits in with the horror universe and Mahershala is a star... I think they'll use him outside of his own movies but total guess on my part ofc