• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What movie based "key" are you most annoyed by?

153 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Beige said:

That's a shockingly bad set of decisions based on what you have just written.

A 9.4 TOD #10 for $700  (1/3 of $2100) - and you passed?

I find that pretty hard to believe tbh.

2017 lowest 9.4 was $1033

2018 lowest 9.4 was $1076

I have no idea why you would leave an easy 35% profit on the table?

Any reason?

Dude. What's your issue? Seriously. 

Please don't start this cliche message board nitpicking of words stuff. I was just making a simple statement. 

And what I was saying was a couple years ago based on what the issue was going for at the time I passed in it and now it goes for more. The end. Yes, hindsight is 2020

In my opinion on this debate I completely agree that tomb of Dracula 10 has became a more sort after book I paid only 105 for my copy just over a year ago and managed to get 400 from it 6 months later from a friend so I can agree with it being a book what’s slowly starting to rise 

15 minutes ago, Beige said:

Any reason?

If where all meant to of had that much of a ability to predict the market I would of bought 50 west coast avengers in grade 9.8 and buy a daredevil 1 from the profits then again you can never predict what will be worth something in a year’s time just look at Darth Vader 3

1 minute ago, Tghutcn said:

If where all meant to of had that much of a ability to predict the market I would of bought 50 west coast avengers in grade 9.8 and buy a daredevil 1 from the profits then again you can never predict what will be worth something in a year’s time just look at Darth Vader 3

Exactly. 

Luckily I just got my time machine out of the shop though and went years into the future to see what's hot. I am now the proud owner of 500 9.8 copies of Kickers Inc. Can't believe they made a movie about that... 

21 minutes ago, Tghutcn said:

Your logic is worse than your spelling and punctuation.

Those quoted prices were prices that were CURRENT LOWS in 2017 and 2018.

No time machine needed as all other GPA recorded sales were higher.

Too many people leeching in here from facebook.

I'm stepping away before I get a week.

@Buzzetta

1 hour ago, Beige said:

Any reason?

Who keeps accurate records of prices of books they passed on?

1 hour ago, Beige said:

Your logic is worse than your spelling and punctuation.

Those quoted prices were prices that were CURRENT LOWS in 2017 and 2018.

No time machine needed as all other GPA recorded sales were higher.

Too many people leeching in here from facebook.

I'm stepping away before I get a week.

@Buzzetta

I can only speak for myself, but I haven't considered Facebook to be a relevant thing in a very long time. My elderly mother in law still uses it quite a bit though. But I don't think she collects comics. Unless she's been holding out on me all this time...

Note to self. Look into that. 

Anyway, I get not wanting to get hooked and I feel the same. Take care. 

6 hours ago, the blob said:

Who keeps accurate records of prices of books they passed on?

I don't keep track as in write them down and study them but if there is a book on my mind or if I want to kick myself over the missed opportunity, I kind of remember or if I am tracking a book, I look up the historical sales data. 

For instance, I was walking around NYCC one year with Jaybuck shortly before the Fox-Disney deal was announced.  I was looking at two books, both priced around $4500.  There was an FF 1 in a 4.5 and an ASM 1 in a 4.5 with a dust shadow.  I really wanted to upgrade my ASM1 at the time so I passed on the FF1.  I wasn't too pleased with the dust shadow and said let me walk around for a bit.  When I went back the FF1 was gone but the ASM1's dust shadow bothered me.  By the time of the next month's round of auctions from CC, Heritage, CLink, MCS and eBay the ASM 1 popped... I tried chasing it but other things came up and by the time I said I might as well just get an FF1 for the heck of it, the Disney deal was announced and that popped.   Such is life. 

PetefromPetesBasement has been trying to get me to see the importance of Franklin Richards and Annihilus for a couple of years but I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on an FF Annual 6.  When 8.0's were around $200 I said, "This is not a $200 book" but I took note of the price.  When it was $300, I said, "This is not a $300 book" but I took note of the price and the trend.

Finally, a couple of weeks ago I bought the 7.0 that was on Metro's website for $425, which somehow was under what everyone one else wants for the book. (They actually made a counteroffer and I took them up on it).

But... I keep track of the prices of books I've passed on but I am still somewhat interested in.  I think we all do. 

Edited by Buzzetta

7 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Reminds me I should grab a Tick 1 before they try and revive that again. Loved that show as a kid lol 

Yeah ive been had/lazy(didnt check much)and got the black cover of tick 1,but the white cover is the one  i should have gotten,live and learn they say......ill get that limited tick one white cover someday:wishluck:             good luck finding it(thumbsu

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't keep track as in write them down and study them but if there is a book on my mind or if I want to kick myself over the missed opportunity, I kind of remember or if I am tracking a book, I look up the historical sales data. 

For instance, I was walking around NYCC one year with Jaybuck shortly before the Fox-Disney deal was announced.  I was looking at two books, both priced around $4500.  There was an FF 1 in a 4.5 and an ASM 1 in a 4.5 with a dust shadow.  I really wanted to upgrade my ASM1 at the time so I passed on the FF1.  I wasn't too pleased with the dust shadow and said let me walk around for a bit.  When I went back the FF1 was gone but the ASM1's dust shadow bothered me.  By the time of the next month's round of auctions from CC, Heritage, CLink, MCS and eBay the ASM 1 popped... I tried chasing it but other things came up and by the time I said I might as well just get an FF1 for the heck of it, the Disney deal was announced and that popped.   Such is life. 

PetefromPetesBasement has been trying to get me to see the importance of Franklin Richards and Annihilus for a couple of years but I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on an FF Annual 6.  When 8.0's were around $200 I said, "This is not a $200 book" but I took note of the price.  When it was $300, I said, "This is not a $300 book" but I took note of the price and the trend.

Finally, a couple of weeks ago I bought the 7.0 that was on Metro's website for $425, which somehow was under what everyone one else wants for the book. (They actually made a counteroffer and I took them up on it).

But... I keep track of the prices of books I've passed on but I am still somewhat interested in.  I think we all do. 

Was the 7.0 graded or raw?

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

OK, you remember passing on books at roughly the going rate because you thought the going rate was too high. OK, that's pretty much every book i see. I get it.

I remember stuff in the dollar box I didn't buy. The ugly GI Joe 21 and ASM 194 still haunt me. And the 1s Green Goblin at $10 I passed on because of tape on the spine. It still haunts me, 27 years later.

13 hours ago, serling1978 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I haven't considered Facebook to be a relevant thing in a very long time. My elderly mother in law still uses it quite a bit though. But I don't think she collects comics. Unless she's been holding out on me all this time...

Note to self. Look into that. 

Anyway, I get not wanting to get hooked and I feel the same. Take care. 

speak for yourself. I'm almost 50. when you're getting close to retirement you do a lot of facebooking.

Honnêtement the worst is from an animated series,it really bugs me out its creepy as hell and its everywhere even in transformers(what a disgrace).i know a lot like those comics but i dont

mlp-transformers-2-1253147.jpeg

14 hours ago, Tghutcn said:

In my opinion on this debate I completely agree that tomb of Dracula 10 has became a more sort after book I paid only 105 for my copy just over a year ago and managed to get 400 from it 6 months later from a friend so I can agree with it being a book what’s slowly starting to rise 

how wrecked was your copy? i've wanted a decent copy for a while. i never saw anything remotely affordable recently/