• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auction Buy It Now Question

12 posts in this topic

Yesterday someone made an offer to me on an item I had won several years ago through a Heritage Auction. I counter offered with a slightly higher price. Haven't heard anything back from the counter offer.  So, today I get an e mail from Heritage saying that someone has used the Buy it Now option to purchase the item at my full list price.  Problem is, I don't see an option to accept the BIN offer. The e-mail says I need to confirm the availability of the item within 3-days, but doesn't really say how to do that.  The link just takes me back to the item and shows this......

Current Offers:
Offer on Feb 28, 2021: $xxxx ($xxxx for you after Heritage's 10% commission) 
Backup Offer: This is a backup offer, and you will not be able to respond to this offer unless the current offer you've accepted is not completed by the buyer. This offer will be auto-rejected in 2d 21h 06m. If you don't respond to any offers, then 10 instances of auto-rejection will result in Make Offer to Owner being disabled for your account.
Previous Offers:
Offer on Feb 27, 2021: $xxxx ($xxxx for you after Heritage's 10% commission). You countered with $xxxx

Will I have to wait on the counter offer to expire before the BIN goes through?  Seems like a BIN would supersede any previous offers.

48 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

Yesterday someone made an offer to me on an item I had won several years ago through a Heritage Auction. I counter offered with a slightly higher price. Haven't heard anything back from the counter offer.  So, today I get an e mail from Heritage saying that someone has used the Buy it Now option to purchase the item at my full list price.  Problem is, I don't see an option to accept the BIN offer. The e-mail says I need to confirm the availability of the item within 3-days, but doesn't really say how to do that.  The link just takes me back to the item and shows this......

Current Offers:
Offer on Feb 28, 2021: $xxxx ($xxxx for you after Heritage's 10% commission) 
Backup Offer: This is a backup offer, and you will not be able to respond to this offer unless the current offer you've accepted is not completed by the buyer. This offer will be auto-rejected in 2d 21h 06m. If you don't respond to any offers, then 10 instances of auto-rejection will result in Make Offer to Owner being disabled for your account.
Previous Offers:
Offer on Feb 27, 2021: $xxxx ($xxxx for you after Heritage's 10% commission). You countered with $xxxx

Will I have to wait on the counter offer to expire before the BIN goes through?  Seems like a BIN would supersede any previous offers.

Having "won" a BIN on HA in the past I  can tell you they certainly will let the buyer know he did not in fact win. In may case they told me the seller  said they wanted more than the listed BIN and they would try to get with the seller to make sure he keeps his items updated.

HA email.jpg

28 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Having "won" a BIN on HA in the past I  can tell you they certainly will let the buyer know he did not in fact win. In may case they told me the seller  said they wanted more than the listed BIN and they would try to get with the seller to make sure he keeps his items updated.

HA email.jpg

So they told you the seller raised his BIN price? Did he? Or were they just trying to get more $$ from you? If they told you that, and it was false its shady as hell. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

So they told you the seller raised his BIN price? Did he? Or were they just trying to get more $$ from you? If they told you that, and it was false its shady as hell. 

No they did not try to get me to pay more, after it was denied the BIN was raised to $9242. What's funny is in this crazy market he just sold it in the past week for that price as it shows unavailable. 

Is there any scenario where the item wouldn't sell for the price I had listed?  I mean either the buyer accepts my first counteroffer, or it expires, or the guy with the BIN gets it with the higher bid right?