• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Been a while lol,ive learned that flash Gordon 80s movie was one of favorite films of Alex ross,gave it a try this week,boy thats not the standard in moviemaking lol still a unique take in the genre  if you like campy movie its a must see lol

513L2-BwbwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It was a weird movie at the time...fun and then HBO played it to death so it got a lot of viewing for a certain age range. (I am 54.)

It has some great things going for it, costumes and design among them. At the time cheesy was as good as it got for space and alien special effects but Flash wasn't horrible. think exploding head time in Scanners, which was maybe a few years before this but very basic special effects. The women in Flash are stunning (Ming's daughter, who seems to live for pleasures of the flesh and of course our heroine Dale). And the men heroic. (James Bond in Space?) Ming was good ands evil too. yes it has cheese but it knows what it is and does that very well.

I still don't want to put my hand in that scorpion tree thing!

Been a while.....and wanted to see that chanbara anthology for a long time!lone wolf and cub,seen first two.its stunning grittier than expected the main actor is not trying to charme the audience in anyway like most samurai movie, nope this one is not trying to impress by humor or anything really.....really gritty ,dirty costume .expérimental scenes with camera might not please everyone but wow glad i saw them cant wait to see the other 4!

20210824_163343.jpg

lone_wolf_original.jpg

Edited by Namtak

On 8/25/2021 at 8:35 PM, Namtak said:

Been a while.....and wanted to see that chanbara anthology for a long time!lone wolf and cub,seen first two.its stunning grittier than expected the main actor is not trying to charme the audience in anyway like most samurai movie, nope this one is not trying to impress by humor or anything really.....really gritty ,dirty costume .expérimental scenes with camera might not please everyone but wow glad i saw them cant wait to see the other 4!

20210824_163343.jpg

lone_wolf_original.jpg

yes they are stunning. I watched them a year or two ago. The scenary is spectacular.

as an american the violence is fine but the violent sex can be unsettling. :-) what can I say, I am getting old at 54! one of the sex scenes is excellent story wise though.

just finished season 1 of SOAP. Great great show, we have been laughing out loud and I have been enjoying how much of a real soap opera it is, the music and the way it is shot are classic soap opera stuff, the storylines are just a bit out there is all! And I know they will get even more out there soon enough. I can't wait for Dutch in season 2, but we are waiting until daughter comes home for semester break until watching it again. She asked us to wait and was the driving force behind getting the season finished (25 episodes for season 1).

On 8/25/2021 at 5:50 PM, Bird said:

just finished season 1 of SOAP. Great great show, we have been laughing out loud and I have been enjoying how much of a real soap opera it is, the music and the way it is shot are classic soap opera stuff, the storylines are just a bit out there is all! And I know they will get even more out there soon enough. I can't wait for Dutch in season 2, but we are waiting until daughter comes home for semester break until watching it again. She asked us to wait and was the driving force behind getting the season finished (25 episodes for season 1).

thought about re-visiting this, there's an entire generation that doesn't even know it exists

Just saw the 2 first season of the new creepshow tv series by greg nicotero,was amazed by the work they put on the episode the living laye night show ,taking clips of movies and integrating new actors in it,not a new process but it was fantastic to watch,especially if yoire a fan of christopher lee or peter cushing! @Cushing Fan

On 4/6/2022 at 6:29 AM, Namtak said:

Just saw the 2 first season of the new creepshow tv series by greg nicotero,was amazed by the work they put on the episode the living laye night show ,taking clips of movies and integrating new actors in it,not a new process but it was fantastic to watch,especially if yoire a fan of christopher lee or peter cushing! @Cushing Fan

That was an especially cool episode as Horror Express is one of my favorite Peter Cushing films and certainly my favorite Cushing & Lee team up.  Here is my Spanish poster from Horror Express which features my favorite artwork of any of the country's posters.

IMG_20220403_002207_342.jpg

On 4/6/2022 at 7:01 AM, Cushing Fan said:

That was an especially cool episode as Horror Express is one of my favorite Peter Cushing films and certainly my favorite Cushing & Lee team up.  Here is my Spanish poster from Horror Express which features my favorite artwork of any of the country's posters.

IMG_20220403_002207_342.jpg

Its on my see list now...never saw it but im sure gona watch that movie soon thanks!

On 4/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, Namtak said:

Its on my see list now...never saw it but im sure gona watch that movie soon thanks!

It's a must see - the story is actually an adaptation of Campbell's Who Goes There? which of course was more famously made as The Thing. Horror Express was in the public domain for many years with a lot of cheap looking bootlegs but prints have been restored recently and released on Blu-ray so they look fantastic.  Here is a great looking copy of the full film on YouTube:

Horror Express full film

glad to see this thread resurface

just finished Reservation Dogs...very funny and touching as well. Catalyst is death of a teen, but I didn't expect grief to be a central theme so watch out if that is gonna get you. Otherwise very clever, my only complaints are that we got the ensemble together for less than half the episodes, the rest are more done-in-one stories focusing on single characters. And while it has 4 great protagonists, looking back the show is about one character really, one who is truly broken and seeks to heal.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:21 AM, Cushing Fan said:

There is a nice print right on YouTube 

https://youtu.be/4LCtzLEebBI

Just bought it on ebay,will wait to see it when it arrives,bought a bunch of blu ray hammer horror movie HD too 2 boxe set for a cumulative of 28 movies lol. by coincidence only shipping and all -the horror express spanish version(with english audio) was the best match for me 

s-l400-14.jpg

Edited by Namtak