• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless key book vs coverless reprint?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Hi everyone, 

I was looking at a coverless key Marvel book and have a question.  I am aware that this particular book has a golden record reprint.  What is the difference between the two interiors to tell the original from the reprint?

I dont like what your inquiring looks shady,the kind of seller we boardies try to avoid,unless i missunderstood.if so you should be more specific in what youre trying to achieve:/

25 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Hi everyone, 

I was looking at a coverless key Marvel book and have a question.  I am aware that this particular book has a golden record reprint.  What is the difference between the two interiors to tell the original from the reprint?

The GRRs are not publications in the sense that they have articles and advertisements, other than for other GRR products. It's not distributed on the newsstand as a periodical hence no cover price (and other things). The story is the same, but told without inclusion of ads or articles thus is a thinned out version. 

13 minutes ago, Namtak said:

I dont like what your inquiring looks shady,the kind of seller we boardies try to avoid,unless i missunderstood.if so you should be more specific in what youre trying to achieve:/

I was looking at a coverless book to buy for my collection and I wanted to know how it is an original so I don't get scammed.  I'm not selling the book. 

9 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

The GRRs are not publications in the sense that they have articles and advertisements, other than for other GRR products. It's not distributed on the newsstand as a periodical hence no cover price (and other things). The story is the same, but told without inclusion of ads or articles thus is a thinned out version. 

Thank you very much for answering my question. 

I understand what you wanted now and i can see the apeal of putting a fake cover but coverless can be fun to have too if its a key issue that you love,me i would not mind as long as the price is right,good day sir

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

I understand what you wanted now and i can see the apeal of putting a fake cover but coverless can be fun to have too if its a key issue that you love,me i would not mind as long as the price is right,good day sir

Yes, the only way I could afford this book is coverless lol!

2 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

I have noticed that even coverless books books still look good when inside a CGC cas, even 

with the N G designation

It's their Newton Ring technology.

GRR JIM #83 is a bit different to others, because Thor story is only half a book instead of printing rest of JIM #83 it reprints another story - Thor and lava man. It does utilize inside cover in b&w but rest of comic is in colour. 
FF1639D2-D1D2-436E-B7FC-1E800EED8FA7.thumb.jpeg.4740c7dd72f2b80f443e316b47d20cd9.jpeg

so lacking of page 1 is an obvious give away difference to original printing.