• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC Grade NFC cards?

3 posts in this topic

I looked this question up and one admin stated in a previous post that the NFC cards will be graded on a case by case basis. I was hoping to get a more clear answer to this question. I have seen CGC cards graded NFC but with a green label, I have had people tell me that CGC rejected a card because it had four square corners and they felt the card might have been rejected due to the possibility of it being NFC, I have seen CGC grade NFC cards that I cut myself as factory misprints, these were cards that I sold some time ago and the individual I sold them to sent them in for grading without my knowledge. I found out about it when I saw them slabbed as factory misprints. I am hoping to clear the issue up so that I can give people a more clear answer when they ask if CGC grades NFC cards.

I am one of the sheet cutters that creates a lot of these items and I get constant questions about whether or not they can be graded by various companies. Your company has grown a lot in popularity for the misprint community and these are the people I primarily converse with and sell my NFC cards to. I have several NFC cards that I would like to grade. One of them is a Blastoise, it came from a Pokémon sheet that did not have a printed back so the card is blank on one side, a handful of them are from various Pokémon fossil sheets both foil and non-foil, one particular NFC that I want to have graded is a Magic card from the Scourge set that has a miscut front but also has a centered back, which is technically an alignment error. The card also has no black ink printed. Even though this card would be seen as a factory misprint by 99% of people in the community I know for a fact this card is NFC because I am the one who cut it.

With all that being said I would also like to know if the "5$ Error Premium" must be paid when submitting the NFC cards for grading? The scourge card I have is a bit of a grey area because technically it's both an error card and an NFC card at the same time. I like to use this card as a learning tool so people know that anything could be out there so they should research before they buy cards. It would be great to have it slabbed and recognized by CGC so that more people know about potential anomalies like this that could make an NFC card appear as though it were a factory error. Thank you for any help or answers you can provide. I have a sub ready to go and I am waiting on a response from someone here before I send it off. If I can send NFC cards I will be adding more to the sub before it goes out. 

1575098084_BlastoiseEXNFC.thumb.jpg.e4d5d985731fd28e5c4e808e6ffdb98a.jpg183214712_AerodactylNFC.thumb.jpg.469d4d6804cd079aa954966a33b6c868.jpg423712418_RavenGuildMasterNFC.thumb.jpg.88d1aa460f056398d7a976a605b578f0.jpg

• Administrator

CGC will not grade NFC cards that are cut to look like misprints. Others we do on a case-by-case basis, but only in Green Labels.

Paul