• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird and confusion
2 2

37 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

They usually fetch half the price of US copies-unless you have something niche like the Batman books that folk are bidding each other up for,or if it's stories,characters represented in a solely Canadian title,like Hi or Jetman for instance.(jetman did old Marvel Boy and Blackhawk reprints)

While they are likely more common up here,many of my copies come from stateside.

@Artboy99 anything to add here I've left out-I just tried to cover the basics.

Canadian Whites are a whole different world,the Captain Marvels for instance.

1/2 is a good rule of thumb for books more easily found. For harder to find Canadians I think they hold there own price wise.

It really depends on the book.

Also many Canadians were printed with blank inside front and back covers.

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

1/2 is a good rule of thumb for books more easily found. For harder to find Canadians I think they hold there own price wise.

Ah,I forgot to mention that-many of my Superior EC's,on cardstock!

And the Marvel Annuals.

PS-you came to mind as I was rummaging about and stumbled on that Planet from you,sat and gave it a read :luhv:

4 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

They usually fetch half the price of US copies-unless you have something niche like the Batman books that folk are bidding each other up for,or if it's stories,characters represented in a solely Canadian title,like Hi or Jetman for instance.(jetman did old Marvel Boy and Blackhawk reprints)

While they are likely more common up here,many of my copies come from stateside.

@Artboy99 anything to add here I've left out-I just tried to cover the basics.

Canadian Whites are a whole different world,the Captain Marvels for instance.

Like Pence UK copies!

4 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Yes, I had it once.

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Is it also 1/2 for Detective Comics issues, like this one:

15 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Is it also 1/2 for Detective Comics issues, like this one:

I've seen those go for as much as American versions or more.There's a few guys on here actively seeking them,I know 140 gets a premium for sure.As mentioned before,really depends on the issue.

Yours is a beauty,real sexy.

17 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Like Pence UK copies!

:makepoint: hit the nail right on the head my friend!

16 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

there is a cure? :bigsmile:

Aint no cure for the cosmic comic crazies! :acclaim::ohnoez:

Edited by porcupine48
listen to the Tasty Wangs

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I've seen those go for as much as Canadians or more.There's a few guys on here actively seeking them,I know 140 gets a premium for sure.As mentioned before,really depends on the issue.

Yours is a beauty,real sexy.

:makepoint: hit the nail right on the head my friend!

Aint no cure for the cosmic comic crazies! :acclaim::ohnoez:

Just so we are on the same page, you meant to write "Americans" right? I wonder why they don't get the same premium we see in copper age books, where canadian variants can go for double or more. I guess it's because with golden age books we don't get the same level of rarity when it comes to a variant over another, the mais american release is rare enough.

And mine is currently at CGC after being sent to @joeypost, we'll see what comes of it. It's one of my prized possessions.

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Just so we are on the same page, you meant to write "Americans" right? I wonder why they don't get the same premium we see in copper age books, where canadian variants can go for double or more. I guess it's because with golden age books we don't get the same level of rarity when it comes to a variant over another, the mais american release is rare enough.

And mine is currently at CGC after being sent to @joeypost, we'll see what comes of it. It's one of my prized possessions.

Yes my appologies,it was late.I think the CPV's get the premium now from pumpers and hype-as I'm sure the Canadian GA are just as rare if not rarer-I don't find CPV's rare,it's 95% of my OG collection lol Also,as noted,many of the Canadian GA examples are missing a story or in some cases,censorship.For example,I can't find my image,copy,but I have a Cole Frisky Funnies book,a Halloween special,where  the Canadian version has Happy Birthday rather than happy Halloween lol It's in Robot Mans 'journal' over in the gold section somewhere but I don't wanna wade through.

Best wishes,we know Joey will treat it well.Next time I come across images of my Canuck Bats(I have three or four)I'll tag you in a post. :foryou:

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

5 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Yes my appologies,it was late.I think the CPV's get the premium now from pumpers and hype-as I'm sure the Canadian GA are just as rare if not rarer-I don't find CPV's rare,it's 95% of my OG collection lol Also,as noted,many of the Canadian GA examples are missing a story or in some cases,censorship.For example,I can't find my image,copy,but I have a Cole Frisky Funnies book,a Halloween special,where  the Canadian version has Happy Birthday rather than happy Halloween lol It's in Robot Mans 'journal' over in the gold section somewhere but I don't wanna wade through.

Best wishes,we know Joey will treat it well.Next time I come across images of my Canuck Bats(I have three or four)I'll tag you in a post. :foryou:

This should be the best info about CPVs: https://rarecomics.wordpress.com/

Not much about 1950's Canadian comic books.

5 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

This should be the best info about CPVs: https://rarecomics.wordpress.com/

Not much about 1950's Canadian comic books.

There's been some heated posts and threads on Ben Noble here-I believe he was a member.There's some good info in there,but RMA and he sure didn't get along!

No,not much on older comics,he's thought of as one of the 'pumpers' of cpvs by many.I know there's some great articles on the 40/50's Canadian issues,how why and what separates them from the Canadian whites.Maybe Stephen could point you in the right direction,he has the nicest collection of whites in the world maybe and is highly knowledgeable on most things Canadian funny book wise @eccomic I think @Silver Surfer might be able to add some thoughts too?

I believe his site also features some fine work by our fellow boardie @Get Marwood & I

43 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I can't wait to see the wonders Joey did, I'll make sure to share that when it comes in (which may be months from now with CGC's current wait times). and yes, please tag me. Regarding the contents, I did check to see which stories were included in my Canadian detective. It had no adds practically, but all the stories were there.

3 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I can't wait to see the wonders Joey did, I'll make sure to share that when it comes in (which may be months from now with CGC's current wait times). and yes, please tag me. Regarding the contents, I did check to see which stories were included in my Canadian detective. It had no adds practically, but all the stories were there.

Have you informed/noted the customer service about your Canadian version Tec book?  They intend to overlook them.  I had several CPV copies but they didn't add Canadian Edition or Variant on the labels. It ate my time and energy by few more weeks after I returned them back.

3 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

There's been some heated posts and threads on Ben Noble here-I believe he was a member.There's some good info in there,but RMA and he sure didn't get along!

No,not much on older comics,he's thought of as one of the 'pumpers' of cpvs by many.I know there's some great articles on the 40/50's Canadian issues,how why and what separates them from the Canadian whites.Maybe Stephen could point you in the right direction,he has the nicest collection of whites in the world maybe and is highly knowledgeable on most things Canadian funny book wise @eccomic I think @Silver Surfer might be able to add some thoughts too?

I believe his site also features some fine work by our fellow boardie @Get Marwood & I

40's/50's books are like "Middle Child Syndrome" between Canadian Whites and CPVs.  It looks like those books are overlooked and overshadowed by the high value of those highly sought books. Hopefully, someday, the books will be recognized soon!

Edited by JollyComics

4 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Have you informed/noted the customer service about your Canadian version Tec book?  They intend to overlook them.  I had several CPV copies but they didn't add Canadian Edition or Variant on the labels. It ate my time and energy by few more weeks after I returned them back.

I did not precise that so we'll see. I don't really mind them overlooking it though since there is a great big "canadian edition" on the cover. I don't mind the book speaking for itself. 

10 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I did not precise that so we'll see. I don't really mind them overlooking it though since there is a great big "canadian edition" on the cover. I don't mind the book speaking for itself. 

MCS overlooked Jesse James #2 so I got this.