• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Giant Sized X-Men #1 - Grade came back
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Posting a second book from my collection. Really appreciated the comments on the first one. This one looks a little bumpy on the spine - wonder if a press would help. Also appears to have some discoloration which can be seen on the back side of the front cover. Thanks again in advance - fun to be on some boards where people appreciate these.GXM1_F.jpg.8c04eee317883459659ae4730b0c25d5.jpg

GXM1_B.jpg

GXM1_BLL.jpg

GXM1_BLR.jpg

GXM1_BUL.jpg

GXM1_BUR.jpg

GXM1_edge0.jpg

GXM1_edge1.jpg

GXM1_edge2.jpg

GXM1_FLL.jpg

GXM1_FLR.jpg

GXM1_FUL.jpg

GXM1_FUR.jpg

GXM1_P1.jpg

GXM1_P12.jpg

GXM1_page0.jpg

Edited by Brendan H

Honestly, diving back into comics in the last couple weeks has been great. I was a full on x-men kid in the late 70's. The part of my collection that I like best are the 100-150 (probably pretty complete but not high grade cus I loved reading them) with such great story lines that I was buying and reading every month. I started collecting and so I picked up some early x-men that have some value now but the ones I like the best aren't really the ones that are worth the most. I really like the ones in the 50's with the Neil Adams art and the 100-150 with the early modern x-men stories. It's really fun to be on these boards with people who appreciate these. Don't know your age, but I can say that the advice to buy what you like is really solid. I don't plan to sell these. They are worth more to me than they are on ebay. I mean, if I actually need cash for the kids or something, I'd sell them in a minute but if I can afford it, I'll keep and enjoy them.

17 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

7.0 IMO.

7.0, outside shot at 7.5 with a very successful press, which will not mitigate the surface paper loss, front cover, spine corner. The press should be able to partially revise the back cover spine corner crimp, but will not remedy the fracture/crack in the paper central to the crimp, or most importantly, do anything to improve that surface paper loss aforementioned. IMO, the two possible grades are 7.0 or 7.5. The paper loss, the surface scuffed off should disqualify it from an 8.0 finding.