• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade expectations?

9 posts in this topic

Noon question while I'm waiting on Grading / Quality control (btw paying the 70 bucks for expedited grading still takes FOREVER).

So I know there is not an exact answer without pics or the comic out. But, that said anyone have guesses on a grade based off the description below?

Comic is Invincible Iron Man #7 Women of Power variant. I bought the comic in... maybe 2016 (whenever it came out). It's been in the plastic sleve with the comic cardboard on the back since purchase. Looking at the book there were no rips. Paper I think was fairly white but I could see a bit of paper age just looking at the sides but I've never opened it so I don't know what it looked like inside when opened as its never been opened. Pages had a little wave laying flat in the plastic sleve. I put this with some cardboard around it and actually cut thin wood and put that around the cardboard to ensure no bends in shipping.

I thought for sure 9.8 but reading more and more I'm getting worried this is going to come back lower haha. 

Not sure what others experience are with submitting comics that have aged 5-6 years without ever opening the comic itself.

.....impatiently waiting to see the grade haha.

The biggest mistake new submitters to CGC make is thinking that because they bought a brand new comic 5-10 years ago and put it away that is automatically is a 9.8. 

There is a chance it is sure. Maybe a higher chance than an older book or one you bought second hand for sure. But so much factors in. What is most likely is to assume a comic you bought new and bagged within the last 5-10 years is a 9.2-9.4. Then if you do get graded and it comes in higher you won’t be disappointed 

10 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

The biggest mistake new submitters to CGC make is thinking that because they bought a brand new comic 5-10 years ago and put it away that is automatically is a 9.8. 

There is a chance it is sure. Maybe a higher chance than an older book or one you bought second hand for sure. But so much factors in. What is most likely is to assume a comic you bought new and bagged within the last 5-10 years is a 9.2-9.4. Then if you do get graded and it comes in higher you won’t be disappointed 

F288CD82-6C49-4E4E-B9EF-F34E81881C54.jpeg

3 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
14 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

e7563502-4283-4a12-9a4e-36cab329042f.gif