• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spidey Super Stories Thread
4 4

167 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2024 at 8:34 AM, FoggyNelson said:

I never appreciated these when they came out, I thought they just for little kids , now I appreciate them and wish I had the run👍‼️

You're in luck Foggy, because they still aren't very expensive! 9.8s & 9.6s will cost ya a bit but the 8.0/8.5 range are VERY affordable for most issues. If you can find them raw, they're usually lunch money!  (thumbsu

On 6/19/2024 at 8:13 AM, joeypost said:

I looked for high grade copies at Heroes last weekend. The ones I did find were priced insanely high. 

Some dealers have just a few copies in inventory. When they do have them, they tend to overprice.  High or low grade, I think they dont feel replacement copies are coming any time soon.

On 6/23/2024 at 8:58 AM, pmpknface said:

That one is kinda funny!  And totally Goblin-centric, back and front!  They usually share the love with other characters. 

You're right, they usually DO spotlight a different character on the back cover. Maybe it was a "scientific" experiment to see how readers responded.

Norman Osbourne (2).jpg

On 6/24/2024 at 1:39 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Spidey Super Stories 24 9.4 w front.jpg

Spidey Super Stories 24 9.4 w back.jpg

On 6/24/2024 at 7:41 AM, pmpknface said:

A SSS got a BONDAGE COVER note!  HA! 

I was under the impression they did away with those kinds of label notations for modern slabs. I know they did for "headlights" notation, I believe, but maybe this grade date (2021) was before that decision? That or some slabs lost it while not others?

Screenshot_20240624-080746.png