• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC need another “status” prior to RECIEVED?

39 posts in this topic

From my recent experience, my packages are signed for by a CGC employee fairly timely... so they are being delivered.  And my understanding is that the books are signed for AT the CGC facility... USPS delivers the packages by the truckload... CGC DOES NOT go to the post office to pick them up.  The delay is between actual receipt and the books getting into the system as RECEIVED.  On my last package, this took FIVE WEEKS to happen.  That is way too long and hopefully CGC can resolve this shortly with new hirings.  This time delay is not factored into the TAT and frankly renders them pretty meaningless other than telling me that my submission is going to take A VERY LONG TIME.  I do think it would be helpful to factor in the time between actual receipt and "system receipt" and CGC should implement this enhancement.

11 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

CGC has their own post office in their facility? Man, I couldn't have been more off base. ???

It's not too common knowledge, or I only realized it recently too lol

But ya it's still an issue, delivered is the new received! Haha but we still need it to go to that designation of received to know our books are there imo but doesn't really do much other than a book count for the sub

Cause the submission and which books are in it still isn't clickable until like shipped anyway. With some subs with label notation that's not a good thing cause you can't catch it to fix it until they're halfway out the door  :(

I am sure that opening each package, pulling out the packing slip, and checking all the books would be quite labor intensive. That would be an inordinate amount of time just to see the books. As many of us do, I pack my books so the package would survive if stepped on or thrown about. So, opening one box, followed by opening another box, followed by opening a heavily taped stack of books would take a long time. Also, it must be considered what would be done with the packages prior to them being entered into the system and marked as "Received."

As @miraclemet stated, allowing packages to sit around for an extended amount of time delays the clock starting on the TATs.

I certainly understand everyone's frustration, but I don't think hiring additional low paid data processors will solve this problem. I think that the main issue on the delay of books in general is not enough trained graders. Trained graders are not going to walk through the door every day, and none of us want someone who was just pulled off the street grading our books.

As @sfcityduck stated in his post, the best possible resolution for this issue is to provide more accurate TATs based on when the books arrive at CGC's facility. Nobody gets upset if you get a job done earlier than expected, but most people do get upset when a job doesn't get done in the specified time limit. This just doesn't apply to graded comics. I would feel exactly the same if a contractor promised that our house would be completed at the end of May, but s/he's still working on it on the 4th of July.

I have learned that when I send books to my grader and he then sends them to CGC, it is going to take a LONG time. No amount of fretting will change the amount of time for your book to be graded. It's just easier to say, "It will be done when it is done."

I inquired about an express book recently that was submitted. The response below was what I received. As explained by the customer rep, if a package is marked 'EX' for express it gets set aside to be added into the system (same with the Walkthrough tier)  Otherwise, it goes in the standard/modern pile. Because my package wasn't marked 'EX' on ALL sides it got placed in the standard/modern pile. So now I'm waiting about a month before my EX book gets opened and entered in the system and TIT starts. CGC is about a month behind in processing PO arrivals.

"On 3/8/2021 2:10 PM, Jennifer Fuls wrote:

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.  Processing of orders generally runs 10-20 business days from delivery depending on submission volume.  We are currently processing deliveries that arrived the week of: 2-8-21."

Just now, Dr. Strings said:
2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

CGC has their own post office in their facility? Man, I couldn't have been more off base. ???

It's not too common knowledge, or I only realized it recently too lol

Jennifer and Paul S have been telling this to five people a day for the past month lol

ya I didn't really know until the last month 

7 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I didn't know this until today.  It's not like I'm clicking on every new post in these subs.  If you don't frequent a certain part of the boards, then it's likely to never come up.

that and we didn't really "need to know" that until recently either lol 

I mean since I've been here delivered to received has been 2 weeks at the longest, this last time it was 4 weeks :roflmao: 

but still it is a pretty serious wait time :sumo::( 

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

that and we didn't really "need to know" that until recently either lol 

I mean since I've been here delivered to received has been 2 weeks at the longest, this last time it was 4 weeks :roflmao: 

but still it is a pretty serious wait time :sumo::( 

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like it's gotten much worst ever since the introduction of the card grading service.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Strings said:

This is my favorite:

IMG_20210318_160644.thumb.jpg.9e99ccf291b02017c89a8cd6a29a9b92.jpg

I've mentioned it in several threads, they really need to just put a pinned post in the newbie thread or wherever because the question pops up on the daily.  But then again, there is a banner at the top of the CGC home page so people aren't going to read it no matter where it's pinned.  Everyone just wants the answers spoon fed to them that they've lost the ability to research on their own.  The best solution to me is that "Received" should indeed mean received.  "Verified" should mean booked in the system.  As it stands now, I have no idea what the "Verified" status even means.

15 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

As it stands now, I have no idea what the "Verified" status even means.

Granted, it's been a few months since I submitted, but I could've sworn that they did away with 'verified'.