• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Batman Thread
4 4

468 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2024 at 4:46 PM, Hepcat said:

What is that "True Stories" comic above?

???

It was a Golden Records insert in a record box set in 1966. The set came with a record (I think it was a read-along to one of the stories), a button/badge, a ring and a Batman Club membership card. And the comic of course.

On 4/12/2024 at 2:07 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

It was a Golden Records insert in a record box set in 1966. The set came with a record (I think it was a read-along to one of the stories), a button/badge, a ring and a Batman Club membership card. And the comic of course.

A similar one was produced of "The Complete Story of Superman's Life" from Superman 146.

On 4/12/2024 at 3:09 PM, Joseph Ragno said:

The famous Batman slapping Robin panel.  Note that in this panel, it's Robin telling Batman to come to his senses.  Typically, the meme is flipped.  Robin would say something stupid, then Batman slaps him with his left hand and says something to correct Robin.

Speaking of this, I actually just upgraded my 5.5 copy to this one about a month ago. 

0604240825151.jpg