• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strictly cards market place?

13 posts in this topic

I was enjoying when users in the sales forum were listing cards when they first heated up. Is there a dedicated card selling thread? If not I believe there should be! The renewed interest in cards has infected me as well, and I would like another avenue to buy here with trusted sellers. 

Thoughts? 

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

:shy:

:roflmao:

A civil/peaceful sales thread lol

It could also give our new arrivals a place to buy/sell. That way they can see that the boards aren't such a horrible place afterall...

That we can cater to everyone's hobbies. 

Just a thought..... But really I just want another place to buy cool cards. (:

1 minute ago, maidenmate91 said:

A civil/peaceful sales thread lol

It could also give our new arrivals a place to buy/sell. That way they can see that the boards aren't such a horrible place afterall...

That we can cater to everyone's hobbies. 

Just a thought..... But really I just want another place to buy cool cards. (:

I think that it will be a learning curve for many of you and it will be overly disruptive for you all to start buying and selling here.

THAT IS NOT YOUR FAULT THOUGH... 

Whenever a new member starts to buy and sell, they are obviously unfamiliar with the board selling rules.  There are many obvious ones such as:

• Do not ask for friends and family 
  • Do not add PayPal fees
  • List a return policy

Among others... 

So when a newer member starts to sell, they usually experience some growing pains, not due to anything about them personally but due to their unfamiliarity as to how to operate within that set of rules.   Now if it is one or two members the overall disruption is minimal and is dealt with and corrected.  

But... every single one of the card collectors would be a newer seller and would experience these growing pains to some degree.   When many experience smaller issues, then all of them combined would cause a larger disruption in the beginning.   

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think that it will be a learning curve for many of you and it will be overly disruptive for you all to start buying and selling here.

THAT IS NOT YOUR FAULT THOUGH... 

Whenever a new member starts to buy and sell, they are obviously unfamiliar with the board selling rules.  There are many obvious ones such as:

• Do not ask for friends and family 
  • Do not add PayPal fees
  • List a return policy

Among others... 

So when a newer member starts to sell, they usually experience some growing pains, not due to anything about them personally but due to their unfamiliarity as to how to operate within that set of rules.   Now if it is one or two members the overall disruption is minimal and is dealt with and corrected.  

But... every single one of the card collectors would be a newer seller and would experience these growing pains to some degree.   When many experience smaller issues, then all of them combined would cause a larger disruption in the beginning.   

:sorry: I'm not new to this community. lol

Currently, I have a raw comic-related card sales thread under Mixed Age Threads and Misc...but a dedicated thread would be nice. (thumbsu

Edited by Galen130
clarifying something...

On 3/22/2021 at 8:11 AM, comicdonna said:

I think it's a good idea, and there s a need for one.  I will bring it up to the admins.  

What the card folks need is their own dedicated card focused message board. The coinees and comic guys have their own board. Cards should too

Edited by Jeffro.

Alrighty, I'm bumping this thread, because I think this is coming soon. A few days ago there was a sub-forum right under the "Ask CGC (Trading Cards)" called "Trading Card Marketplace". It wasn't functional and didn't stay there for long, but I'm hopeful it comes back. :)