• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Specs in case or minor gouges ?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

IMG_20210324_164003.thumb.jpg.2050739f8476bcead49459058be600d9.jpgSo I just bought this book from facebook marketplace , the buyer said the case was in great shape when we were negotiating . 

It is interesting because in a certain light it looks clear but in another light there are like 100 or more disortions that look like the pictures . 

TheyIMG_20210324_164011.thumb.jpg.07be5592aca82a4c111ef0b5566af8ee.jpg wont come off from cleaing the case so I dont think they are spots . 

Any ideas on what to do ? Guessing this would effect the value if I resold it ? 

IMG_20210324_163935.jpg

IMG_20210324_163925.jpg

Edited by Corallas

Unfortunately this is way more common than you would think.

It's a scratch on the plastic, scuff on the the innerwell, not the book.

I have a copy of Walking Dead 48 that is like this only worse. I am pretty sure that if you send an email to CGC with photos showing its inside the case, and it's bad enough, they will offer a complementary re-holder (minus shipping costs?). Could be wrong. 

Edited by Phill the Governor

27 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:

Unfortunately this is way more common than you would think.

It's a scratch on the plastic, scuff on the the innerwell, not the book.

I have a copy of Walking Dead 48 that is like this only worse. I am pretty sure that if you send an email to CGC with photos showing its inside the case, and it's bad enough, they will offer a complementary re-holder (minus shipping costs?). Could be wrong. 

oh geez , i was wondering if it was damage or scratches on the inside but I thought , how is this possible to be on the inside ? 

Acually still wondering how the inner well could be damaged 

Cool that there is a chance of it being re slabbed for free though 

32 minutes ago, Corallas said:

Oh thats good I was under the impression people were particular about not having defects on the case , newton rings etc 

Ideally, you want the best and clearest case, but you said that they're only visible 'under a certain light/angle'. It doesn't really affect value.

On 3/25/2021 at 8:40 PM, William-James88 said:

This is  normal. A new slab recieved directly from cgc could look the same.

Yes I didnt think it was damaged via mishandling , but the other slabs I have are not like that and the seller said he had never seen anything like that before .

On 3/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, William-James88 said:

Then consider yourself lucky this is only your first.

On 3/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, William-James88 said:

Then consider yourself lucky this is only your first.

Oh oh , well will they replace it for free ?