• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you trade?
3 3

74 posts in this topic

Just now, MGsimba77 said:

Some people avoid buying for all kinds of reasons.... It could be anything. More commonly its because of miswraped books, page  quality but I've also read about how people detest Newton rings to the point it becomes a deal breaker. And yes there are those that don't like the marvel labels particularly on older books. There are people who love the first generation cgc labels from the early 2000s and would buy just on that alone. 

*Newton rings are an ugly distortion caused by the newer cgc slabs being pressed too tightly. It looks like the cover has a big oil slick stain or stains. 

Newton rings are not singular with newer slabs, just more prevalent 

5 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Some people avoid buying for all kinds of reasons.... It could be anything. More commonly its because of miswraped books, page  quality but I've also read about how people detest Newton rings to the point it becomes a deal breaker. And yes there are those that don't like the marvel labels particularly on older books. There are people who love the first generation cgc labels from the early 2000s and would buy just on that alone. 

*Newton rings are an ugly distortion caused by the newer cgc slabs being pressed too tightly. It looks like the cover has a big oil slick stain or stains. 

Labels from early 2000 i understand cause there was no pressing back then,crack them open press it slab it an voilà 

3 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Labels from early 2000 i understand cause there was no pressing back then,crack them open press it slab it an voilà 

I think pressing was still happening, just that people weren't so open about it.

I think the restoration debate is still going on about that.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

I think pressing was still happening, just that people weren't so open about it.

I think the restoration debate is still going on about that.

I know for a fact that many buy them press slab resale,in Montréal 2 comic shop does it on regular basis

20 hours ago, DTM700 said:

I would make both trades, for the X-men 1 and the ASM 300.  Personally, I’m happier with the bigger grails in my collection than the minor ones. Over time, I’m more willing to part with and have less affection for my minor keys.

My thought as well. When you have 3 books valued over 10k each, it is hard to get excited over a 250 dollar book anymore.