• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about selling to MyComicShop

12 posts in this topic

I'm planning on selling a bunch of stuff to them in the next week or so. My question is, if I have something that qualifies for consignment, is that a better option than just taking whatever their cash offer might be?

Like, if I have a slab they are offering $50 for. Should I take that, or should I send it in to be consigned? The amount of time it takes to get the money is not an issue, there's no time crunch. So it's really about which makes more money.

10 hours ago, xvipah said:

I'm planning on selling a bunch of stuff to them in the next week or so. My question is, if I have something that qualifies for consignment, is that a better option than just taking whatever their cash offer might be?

Like, if I have a slab they are offering $50 for. Should I take that, or should I send it in to be consigned? The amount of time it takes to get the money is not an issue, there's no time crunch. So it's really about which makes more money.

Consign everything that qualifies for consignment, you'll always make more.

That makes sense, maybe I didn't make myself clear. What  I was mostly asking was, what's best for returns? Do you find you sell for more with the auctions, or with the regular sales?

48 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Their website is pretty self-explanatory. What I do is consign them at a pretty aggressive price, will consider offers over 75% and drop the prices 5% every two weeks or so. 

11 hours ago, xvipah said:

That makes sense, maybe I didn't make myself clear. What  I was mostly asking was, what's best for returns? Do you find you sell for more with the auctions, or with the regular sales?

Depends on the books. In my experience their auctions are terrible for GA and slabs, especially Signature Series, but great for most raw stuff outside of GA. Raws will generally sell for more than comparable graded slabs, even in the same auction, because they grade so conservative that buyers assume the "true" grade is higher. If you are sending them a bunch of modern 9.8s you are safer setting fixed prices. 

you can take a look at your issues and what issues mycomicshop has in its own inventory. If they have none, you would have a better chance at selling there. If It's a copy that they have multiple multiple copies off, your book is less attractive unless it's lower priced.  Selling outright brings remarkably low value back to you.