• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are some of your least favorite covers?
3 3

191 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Amazeron said:

There’s a lot of bad Wolverine art but I’ve always despised this on the most and how his arms are the same length, though one being behind him. If you work at Marvel you should know how to draw anatomy. And oh yeah, his face, the claws, the colors, and basically everything else

F462B6AD-0BF8-4805-A853-DEFD27AC1891.jpeg

This has always been one of the worst covers ever. He looks like a cross between a baboon and Jerry Lewis from the Nutty Professor. Also his costume appears to be painted on.

On 3/30/2021 at 4:46 PM, Namtak said:

Thats millers style you like it or don't, and he did much worst believe me

No. That's his style now. Almost a charicature of his early 80s style... Like he took his occasional bungled figure and made it worse. Some of his stuff 40 years ago was beautiful

On 4/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, Poekaymon said:

Listen.  Practically no one hates Liefeld more than I do.  The 90s age of craparama that he helped usher in was part of why I quit the hobby.  But.  I'm going to be honest with you all.

I like that NM 98 cover.  There.  I said it.  I'm not ashamed.  (Well, a little.)

Nm98 is one of his few decent covers

13 minutes ago, the blob said:

No. He was fine in the 60s, the 70s, and at some point in the 80s he did not give half a s&&&t, but they still kept on hiring him.

hm 

Edited by kav

13 minutes ago, the blob said:

No. He was fine in the 60s, the 70s, and at some point in the 80s he did not give half a s&&&t, but they still kept on hiring him.

I dont care for any of his work, ever.  that gaping maw and children with adult heads- :sick:

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i always thought this cover was crappy

Flash #177

Like flash wouldnt notice his head suddenly weighed ten times as much-

8 minutes ago, kav said:

I dont care for any of his work, ever.  that gaping maw and children with adult heads- :sick:

It was workmanlike albeit a bit generic when he cared, a poor man's version of his brother

5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

the dumbest war cover ever ... it's almost if this is a funny animal comic instead of a war comic..

even @kav can draw better than this ... 

Our Army at War #30

You don't like they nazi phallus coming directly for their rear ends?

Just now, the blob said:

You don't like they nazi phallus coming directly for their rear ends?

Who would?