• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are some of your least favorite covers?
3 3

191 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, the blob said:

No. That's his style now. Almost a caricature of his early 80s style... Like he took his occasional bungled figure and made it worse. Some of his stuff 40 years ago was beautiful

Yeah, it was definitely better

He went from this

Daredevil #181

Daredevil Mark Jewelers #191MJ

To this

Daredevil Visionaries Frank Miller TPB (2000-2001 Marvel) comic books

And then worse and worse, like that Robin image or any of these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKwXvy2EBPsGW2y_MCu-vJhxnMQCUXIe-FPg&usqp=CAU

Catwoman Covers Detective Comics #27 | Read at Joe's

Edited by William-James88

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Christ that's bad. I'm trying to work out how many fingers she's got.  And is he wearing oven gloves there? 

1 minute ago, Amazeron said:
3 hours ago, William-James88 said:

, it was definitely better

He went from this

To this

Expand  

What is going on with elektra’s hips?!

One things together for sure with her hips and rib cage, or she has three boobies

On 3/30/2021 at 1:53 PM, kav said:

I have always hated this one.  The face is just so poorly drawn.
Demon in a Bottle - Wikipedia

Funny.....That's one of my all time favorite Iron Man covers.  I recently dumped all of my Iron Man issues except for #1 and this one.  They will be going up for auction in a few weeks at ProxyBid. The NM copies are from 1978-1981 (I bought them all off the stand at the LCS).

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:
6 hours ago, Amazeron said:

What is going on with elektra’s hips?!

I'm more worried about that rib cage, it's as sharp as her sword.

Not to mention her head the size of her entire torso-

Okay, I'm going to approach the topic from a different angle and nominate this one as a cover I hate:

Daredevil_Vol_1_124.png.c518c242a0087dcbb7c56fb2ddf25ceb.png

My dislike of this cover actually has nothing to do with the quality of the artwork, which is fine. I love Gil Kane, even if he has a thing about making me look up people's nostrils.

The problem with this cover is that it contradicts the story in a major way. The issue ends with Copperhead having bested Daredevil and about to shoot his highly poisonous darts into DDs chest, as pictured above.

Next issue begins with him firing at DD from a somewhat ambiguous angle, then laying some copper pennies over our hero's eyes and leaving him for dead.

But never fear gang, because Daredevil pops up a few seconds later none the worse for wear. 

1081313752_CopperheadHittheBillyClub.png.14565e96eba6c67ebf425fff72874acd.png

Yeah, that's right. Daredevil caught those two darts with his billy club and everything is cool.

Only according to the cover above, that is total malarkey. DD took one two three four FIVE poison darts in the CHEST, which is ON FIRE and his HEART is POUNDING MADLY. In seconds HE'LL BE DEAD!

Look, I'm well used to seeing a scene on the cover that doesn't happen anywhere in the book. I accept that as I accept the rain and the cold. What I don't like is a scene that shows the OPPOSITE of what happens in the book or undercuts a major story point. 124 and 125 were the first two issues of Daredevil I ever bought, and even as an eight-year-old kid, I knew that was some serious bull pucky.

I totally forgot about one and it's pretty major for me. I was really thinking of doing a complete run of Captain Marvel Adventures since the vast majority are (or at least were) affordable and even the first issue wasn't bad, especially when compared to any other GA character's first issue. Anyways, I chose not to go for a run afterall because it would mean having to spend quit a bit of dough on this deuce:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Captain Marvel Adventures #3 (Fawcett Publications, 1941) CGC FN+ 6.5 Cream to off-white pages....

The colour and look they give to that "cloud" makes it look like he's just farting a ton. I just didn't feel good spending money on a book I thought looked like a turd sandwich so now I don't really care if my collection has holes in it. 

Edited by William-James88

33 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I totally forgot about one and it's pretty major for me. I was really thinking of doing a complete run of Captain Marvel Adventures since the vast majority are (or at least were) affordable and even the first issue wasn't bad, especially when compared to any other GA character's first issue. Anyways, I chose not to go for a run afterall because it would mean having to spend quit a bit of dough on this deuce:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Captain Marvel Adventures #3 (Fawcett Publications, 1941) CGC FN+ 6.5 Cream to off-white pages....

The colour and look they give to that "cloud" makes it look like he's just farting a ton. I just didn't feel good spending money on a book I thought looked like a turd sandwich so now I don't really care if my collection has holes in it. 

bfd28130-1333-497a-b8c1-8dfac4e9dde1_text.gif.694355dd8f73aa2ececa7120f134aa14.gif