• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are some of your least favorite covers?
3 3

191 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2021 at 8:50 AM, Bludriver said:

I am new so sorry if if there is a thread already on this topic (I searched and could not find any).

I am interested in seeing some covers that are your least favorite.

For me, this one has to be one of the ugliest I have ever seen. I have never been a big fan of Miller's art, but when I first saw this I was amazed that they actually went ahead and published it. It looks like Wonder Woman's head is attached to her shoulders at the cheek. That has to have taken Miller at most 5 minutes to draw.

482b2565a8cdb571e869d3f098331713.jpg

Daaayyyyyyyaaaaammm!  That's ugly. 

18 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.

Mullet covers are quite commonly ridiculed these days.

A dated hairstyle.

Judging from the hairstyles of the basketball players in the Final Four, the date is "today". lol

This has to be one of the best mullets in all of college basketball -  Article - Bardown

Edited by valiantman

11 minutes ago, kav said:

I can draw circles around this goofball.  Never got hired to draw comics tho.

they should have let you have a crack at it, instead of hiring someone who drew like they smoked crack... 

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

they should have let you have a crack at it, instead of hiring someone who drew like they smoked crack... 

Yep.  What a waste of 35 yearsof my life.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Do not try to be comic artist kids-get second job with the time and make $$$ instead.

Its more luck and connection than talent sometimes ,quesada was hired because of a dispute and someone got fired and he was at right place at right time,he tryed all week long or something like that,got to do a few draft when he gave his work poof he was hired on the spot to replace the other,but very talented artist.same with geoff jhons he was hired by dc,but tryed and tryed but couldnt,the thing was his mentor was Richard donner,if not we would never have heard of him,and the world would have lost a great talented artist.

4 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Its more luck and connection than talent sometimes ,quesada was hired because of a dispute and someone got fired and he was at right place at right time,he tryed all week long or something like that,got to do a few draft when he gave his work poof he was hired on the spot to replace the other,but very talented artist.same with geoff jhons he was hired by dc,but tryed and tryed but couldnt,the thing was his mentor was Richard donner,if not we would never have heard of him,and the world would have lost a great talented artist.

Sheer talent gets you nowhere.  Luck and no talent wins every time.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Do not try to be comic artist kids-get second job with the time and make $$$ instead.

I mean even the creator of the joker(Jerry robinson)was hired by Bob kane on a wihm after a talk at a tennis resource hôtel,i mean wow!

1 hour ago, kav said:

Yep.  What a waste of 35 yearsof my life.

Sorry im always interested in artwork so i might have written a little too much i just find the history of artistes to be fascinating

2 hours ago, kav said:

I can draw circles around this goofball.  Never got hired to draw comics tho.

Hey got an idea pick one of those bad covers ,anyone,and make it yours,your version artists likes a sporty challenge right?thatd be fun relieve us of our pain lol

3 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Hey got an idea pick one of those bad covers ,anyone,and make it yours,your version artists likes a sporty challenge right?thatd be fun relieve us of our pain lol

This one has potential

ruinssabretooth1.jpg