• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(show recently purchased) Silver Age Comics that are cooling down (or cold)
2 2

83 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2021 at 12:03 AM, Westy Steve said:

Friend of mine went to a comic book show today and while he was at the show picked this book up along with another. I paid the dealer directly with PayPal from 100 miles away based on texted pictures.  This one is seems to be a “cold bargain”.  Issue number two is worth about three times as much, but this issue has a true first appearance (The Owl). Seems undervalued relative to issue number two.

248B5757-692A-4C69-9D01-FFC046D1BE6F.jpeg

it is interesting, the owl was like a 4th rate kingpin, but a few years before kingpin. maybe kingpin was a 1st rate owl? didn't they do some lame version of the owl in Defenders?

I decided this one makes no sense so I picked one up and then had it pressed.  This is got to be the cheapest first appearance of a character who was in GSX1.  I find it interesting that this is a fraction of the first appearance of the Sentinels and Juggernaut 

D431FE33-E3C6-47FA-ACF2-A9FEABD77043.jpeg

4 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

I decided this one makes no sense so I picked one up and then had it pressed.  This is got to be the cheapest first appearance of a character who was in GSX1.  I find it interesting that this is a fraction of the first appearance of the Sentinels and Juggernaut 

D431FE33-E3C6-47FA-ACF2-A9FEABD77043.jpeg

I just picked up a VG/FN copy of this for under $100 like 2 months ago.  Considering Banshee was a major member of the team right up until the Dark Phoenix Saga, it's amazing how cheap this book is.