• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current CGC market.

4 posts in this topic

I know everything has its up's and down's but are current prices the new normal & here to stay?  Asking people who have been collecting for a while.  For example, the variant to Mile Morales 1st appearance selling for 16k, will it ever be around 5k at all even in a down market?  So if I truly want it, just pay that price and move on or be patient and wait some years?  It seems like everything you can think of is selling for thousands, especially if it has variant, 1st appearance, or newsstand on the label.  I don't have enough experience collecting & tracking to make a judgement call on this and hoping to get some insight here.

Do you have $16,000  laying around that it won't matter if it falls to $5,000?  

Unlike many here, I start with the financial aspects of a purchase rather than saying I need the first appearance  of some character.

Is your retirement account fully funded for the year?  I'm coming up on fifty years of buying/selling/trading and I don't have a clue as to how some books will perform over the next decade. 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Do you have $16,000  laying around that it won't matter if it falls to $5,000?  

Unlike many here, I start with the financial aspects of a purchase rather than saying I need the first appearance  of some character.

Is your retirement account fully funded for the year?  I'm coming up on fifty years of buying/selling/trading and I don't have a clue as to how some books will perform over the next decade. 

I rather wait 5 years & pay much lower then spend 16k right now, wither I have 16k to throw away or not.  Is the current market a bubble or these the prices we can expect moving forward?  Remember when a 9.8 GSX was selling for 5k, I can probably bet we'll never see that again? lol